Princess wine policy at ports

LindaM

On the Princess boards, someone sent me a copy of the contract that says wine brought on at ports will be taken and given back at the end of the cruise.

That does NOT help those of us who travel in Europe. It's good for the people who can bring wine on in FL and have their bottles stamped.

I am going to ask again and let you know!!

That may be their old policy. This is from their website:

"As provided in the Passage Contract, passengers agree not to bring alcoholic beverages of any kind onboard for consumption, except one bottle of wine or champagne per adult of drinking age (no larger than 750 ml) per voyage, which will not be subject to a corkage fee if consumed in the stateroom. Additional wine or champagne bottles are welcome, but will incur a $15 corkage fee each, irrespective of where they are intended to be consumed. Liquor, spirits or beers are not permitted. Please remember that luggage will be scanned and alcohol outside of our policy will be removed and discarded.*

Alcoholic beverages that are purchased duty free from the ship's gift shop, or at ports of call, will be collected for safekeeping and delivered to the passenger's stateroom on the last day of the cruise. A member of the ship's staff will be at the gangway to assist passengers with the storage of their shoreside alcoholic purchases while our Boutiques staff will assist passengers with shipboard alcoholic purchases."

I think someone a while back said that Princess had retreated from their initial policy of no wine brought in from ports.

On the Princess boards, someone sent me a copy of the contract that says wine brought on at ports will be taken and given back at the end of the cruise.

That does NOT help those of us who travel in Europe. It's good for the people who can bring wine on in FL and have their bottles stamped.

I am going to ask again and let you know!!

Linda - I asked this on the Princess boards and i was told that although the policy is that the wine will be collected at ports, it is not being enforced. So this is what led to the misunderstanding (at least on my part) as I saw many posts on their boards about bringing wine on board in ports.

So, what I gather is it is not being enforced and no one gets 'carried away' (ie. a bottle or two max).

hope this helps:D

Additional wine or champagne bottles are welcome, but will incur a $15 corkage fee each, irrespective of where they are intended to be consumed. ........

Alcoholic beverages that are purchased duty free from the ship's gift shop, or at ports of call, will be collected for safekeeping and delivered to the passenger's stateroom on the last day of the cruise.

Another awkwardly worded policy. Wine is both welcomed after paying a corkage fee, and also rejected and confiscated. Are they intending to make a distinction between wine/champagne and other alcoholic beverages? Or, not.

"As provided in the Passage Contract, passengers agree not to bring alcoholic beverages of any kind onboard for consumption, except one bottle of wine or champagne per adult of drinking age (no larger than 750 ml) per voyage, which will not be subject to a corkage fee if consumed in the stateroom. Additional wine or champagne bottles are welcome, but will incur a $15 corkage fee each, irrespective of where they are intended to be consumed. Liquor, spirits or beers are not permitted. Please remember that luggage will be scanned and alcohol outside of our policy will be removed and discarded.*

Alcoholic beverages that are purchased duty free from the ship's gift shop, or at ports of call, will be collected for safekeeping and delivered to the passenger's stateroom on the last day of the cruise. A member of the ship's staff will be at the gangway to assist passengers with the storage of their shoreside alcoholic purchases while our Boutiques staff will assist passengers with shipboard alcoholic purchases."

I think someone a while back said that Princess had retreated from their initial policy of no wine brought in from ports.

deleted

Archived