Pier 30, in Quebec

seaair100

I will be on the Eurodam,in Oct.Saw that we will be overnight at pier 30.The Queen Mary is at pier 22,overnight,so do not have hope of ship changing berth.

I have not been at this pier.Always at 21,22.

Question,how far to funiculair,etc?Or any other helpful tips,as it seems out of the way,over by the paper mill.

Thanks

Wharf 22 is only a couple of blocks to the Old Port shopping, etc. Wharf 30 is a very long walk to this same area. If you Google "Quebec City Cruise Ports" you can bring it up to see it exactly where it is. We booked a hotel eons ago that was about 1/12 blocks to wharf 22, it is a now a taxi ride to wharf 30.

I just got back from a stay in Quebec City last week. Pier 30 would be a bit of long walk to the funicular. I would encourage you to take a taxi. Quebec taxis are not that expensive for such a short drive. There is also quite a lot of industrial traffic in that area; it is a working port.

If the weather is nice and you feel well rested you could probably manage a walk to the funicular but by the time you've done all the tourist stuff I would plan on a taxi back to pier 30 for sure.

edit: I just wanted to add that if you do decide to walk there are places to sit down and rest on the way. That funny shaped gray building with the two small green triangles (see link below) is the Marché du Vieux-Port and it has places to sit down and have a snack indoors. It is a wonderful market to visit. There is a spice shop in there called La Route des Indes which stocks floor to ceiling of spices; teas; coffees; etc. You could easily spend an hour in there.

The following link will show you the different piers at the Old Port:

http://www.portquebec.ca/en/cruises/information-for-cruise-ship-passengers/access-to-docks

The orange path is what you would follow; although a shorter path is available across a bridgeway that way is very industrial (grain terminal and cement terminal) and not very safe at all and I would not recommend walking that way. The bridgeway does not even have a sidewalk.

A few years ago my hubby and I started saving our $5 bills specifically to cover taxi rides when we travel.

Edited by Nghthawke
Rest stops along the way.

There is a spice shop in there called La Route des Indes which stocks floor to ceiling of spices; teas; coffees; etc. You could easily spend an hour in there.

You had to mention that!! Now that's the first place I want to see. I love to shop for spices and teas on vacation. My DH will be the one sitting there sipping a coffee while waiting for me:D