Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Ports of Call > Australia & New Zealand

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Old July 31st, 2014, 04:28 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Australian Visa

Quote:
Originally Posted by We Go Cruise Brah View Post
And its less than a $10 USD difference when taking into account exchange rates
Hello Everyone,
I took everyone's advice and I've already got my Australian Visa thru the AU government site.
So now I don't have to worry any more.
Thanks.

Old September 1st, 2014, 04:30 PM
Cool Cruiser

Just curious...is the visa that Princess gets for you for an Australia/NZ cruise good for a post cruise stay in Sydney? How does that work? We'll arrive pre cruise one day prior, but want to stay for a week or so in Australia post cruise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seafish View Post
Our up-coming Dawn Princess Northern Australia Explorer Cruise Sydney/Perth booking confirmation includes Visa Fees of $20 pp. So .... is there something else we need? Are these Visas through Princess electronically applied to our US Passports after final payment? Do we receive a hardcopy and/or receipt of the Visa purchase for our airline check-in? How does all this work? On a previous RCCL AUS/NZ cruise we purchased our Visas on-line - so the Princess process is a bit different. Called Princess - but (they) were not sure. Any help appreciated from you guys "In-The Know". FJG

Old September 1st, 2014, 05:30 PM
20,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by bconley351 View Post
Just curious...is the visa that Princess gets for you for an Australia/NZ cruise good for a post cruise stay in Sydney? How does that work? We'll arrive pre cruise one day prior, but want to stay for a week or so in Australia post cruise.
If it's an Electronic Travel Authority, which I expect it is, then it permits any number of entries to Australia at any time until its expiry (or the expiry of your passport, if earlier), and on each entry you can stay in Australia for up to three months.

So assuming that your ETA is issued less than a year before the end of your cruise, so that it's still valid on that date, you should be fine for both of the entries to Australia that you're planning.

In any case, realistically your ETA would need still to be valid on that date because even if you weren't staying in Australia, you'd still need to enter Australia in order to get to the airport to fly out.

“Cruise” review – ss Rotterdam (V), June 2013.

Dual-purpose HOHO buses available in London: functioning simultaneously as tourist traps and roadblocks.

Fascinating Aida tell us of the perils of Cheap Flights.

Netiquette: Have you watched this: Posting and you ...? And do you know How to Behave on an Internet Forum?
Thinking of starting a new thread? Have you searched for your answer already? Can you post to an existing thread?
Countdown clocks: How to set one up? Click here.
Princess Cruises ship designators - the current list here.
_

Old September 2nd, 2014, 08:57 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by bconley351 View Post
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello - Yes...as I understand it (this) Princess passport applied ETA is valid for 90 days. We too plan SYD pre/PER post stays - so all should be good.

BTW - Is bconley351 Lorraine & Bill from the August 2011 Crown Princess B.I. cruise? Really was a great time & lots of fun private group tours. Fred

Old September 2nd, 2014, 04:04 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Hi Fred

That's us...in fact we just got back from a BI cruise on Sunday. We had friends who had never done the itinerary so I bit the bullet and planned 5 excursions. I had spreadsheets and photo meet & greets to keep everyone straight. Some days I was more confused than others. But we had great weather!
Our Australia/NZ isn't until 01/16, but started checking out cc for ideas as soon as we got home. We booked while on the Ruby.
We saw Craig and Barbara (wine countrycruiser) on the Royal last October.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seafish View Post
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello - Yes...as I understand it (this) Princess passport applied ETA is valid for 90 days. We too plan SYD pre/PER post stays - so all should be good.

BTW - Is bconley351 Lorraine & Bill from the August 2011 Crown Princess B.I. cruise? Really was a great time & lots of fun private group tours. Fred

Old September 2nd, 2014, 04:44 PM
Cool Cruiser

Hello Lorraine & Bill - We thought that was you. Sounds like you guys had a great B.I. return cruise - excellent. And - taking care of all that cruise group stuff is a bunch of work but, well worth it - good for you. Funny thing - just yesterday Sandy & I were looking at some B.I. photos and there you and Bill are at the Blarney Castle entrance along with Barbara & Craig and another photo of you taking a pix of Bill kissing the stone. Small world. Our Australia cruise is also in 2016 - but this time March on Dawn Princess. Thanks for your prompt follow-up - take care. Fred

Old September 8th, 2014, 09:51 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default included in the fare

I am booked on the QV's world cruise. I spoke to a rep from Cunard and he told me that the ship has taken care of the ETA for us. Do you think it limits us to be used only with the ship"s excursions or allows us access to come and go as we see fit?

Old September 8th, 2014, 11:43 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsean View Post
I am booked on the QV's world cruise. I spoke to a rep from Cunard and he told me that the ship has taken care of the ETA for us. Do you think it limits us to be used only with the ship"s excursions or allows us access to come and go as we see fit?
The latter.