Celebrity website is not working well?

florida lover

There's nothing new there. The website is usually down.

Agreed. Been this way for eons.

If I want something from Celebrity, I call them... They are open 24/7 for North America

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/contact-us/contact-us-domestic?cS=Footer&ICID=Cel_11Q4_web_hp_ftr_custsupport

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Wow! How odd to have a dysfunctional website in this day and age....Hope the rest of our first Celebrity experience is not as bad.

The rest should be terrific (the reason so many of us are loyal to Celebrity)... Some of truly wonder how the two (land & sea) are even the same company

Their website interactive capabilities are a disaster to say the least. Not bad tho for basic info.

Cheers!

Agreed. Been this way for eons.

If I want something from Celebrity, I call them... They are open 24/7 for North America

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/contact-us/contact-us-domestic?cS=Footer&ICID=Cel_11Q4_web_hp_ftr_custsupport

Cheers!

Well that's OK if you live in the US, but for Australians our calls are now diverted to the Celebrity call centre in Guatamala City where the response is not much better than the website!

Numerous times today I've tried to access a current reservation after logging into Celebrity's website, I get the following response:

"The system is currently unable to handle your request for retrieving your reservation."

What's up with that?

Thank you!

I have also been receiving this message with two of my three reservations, all of which I used to be able to access. What I noticed was after I moved two of the reservations into 'group' bookings with the travel agency I could no longer access them. As soon as I moved the first one I got the above message every time I tried to access it. A week later the same thing happened when the second reservation was moved to a group booking. However, the third reservation (booked though an agent but not a group booking) can still be accessed.

I called Celebrity and was told that the 'My Celebrity' site was designed to only access reservations made directly with Celebrity, and not for bookings made with travel agents. I don't think that is quite accurate. The problem seems to be with group reservations, and if you have booked with any big online travel agencies that give extra perks, you are almost guaranteed to be in a 'group'.

However, you can still access your reservation by clicking on the 'Already Booked?' tab on Celebrity's home page, then select 'Online Check-in' and fill in your reservation number, name, ship and sail date. Also, once you're in you can select "My Reservation" on the upper left of the screen to book shore excursions, make dining reservations, etc. It will ask for your 'My Celebrity' log-in information, but once you enter that you'll be in the reservation you brought up.

Edited by FengShui@Sea

I posted this in its own thread but thought I'd add it to a few of the threads already on topic regarding concerns of Celebritys website.

No I'm not doing the survey - Celebrity have just pushed out a survey on their website, well about their website!! One could hope its a reflection of the recent increase in noise over issues and frustrations felt with their site from many on here, let alone others outside of Cruise Critic also.

For anyone that has experience the 'glitches' over on the Celebrity Web Site, they are currently running a survey to get an idea of how good or bad you think their site is. Please pop over and complete the survey if you can - the more than do it the more they will be aware of the impact of some of their issues - sure some are minor or cosmetic, but others like unable to access bookings or lost details are considerable. its only short so will take less than 5 mins or your time.

It should pop up immediately, if not click around the site and the survey window should pop up at some point to ask you to complete. Be nice, Be fair :-)

However, you can still access your reservation by clicking on the 'Already Booked?' tab on Celebrity's home page, then select 'Online Check-in' and fill in your reservation number, name, ship and sail date. Also, once you're in you can select "My Reservation" on the upper left of the screen to book shore excursions, make dining reservations, etc. It will ask for your 'My Celebrity' log-in information, but once you enter that you'll be in the reservation you brought up.

I want to view my reservation. Tried the above and could not get to my reservation to view it although it did seemingly allow me to access the online check in?

There is one "infinity group" on board our cruise-- a private group with a travel agent from Cincinnati, OH. I have used TA Dan, but hope to get more information about the group that calls themselves "bears".

I understand this is their 3rd annual repo cruise. Anyone on here from Dan's group? [emoji187]

The website is having some HUGE issues.

Would not let me view my reservation for several weeks. Yesterday, when I tried, it simply removed my reservation. Now there is nothing there.

When I tried to re-add it, I kept getting an error message.

This morning, I decided I would do the online check in. It gets me only past the personal information. Once I get to the second stage, where you accept the terms and agreements, I click and….BLANK.

Nothing.

I tried going back in several times and editing, but each time it would not let me proceed beyond stage 2.

Luckily, I still have time before our cruise.

But must be terribly frustrating for anyone who has to check in for a cruise that is coming sooner.

Wish Celebrity would deal with this situation. Has gone on FAR TOO LONG and it really is awful. Some of us prefer the convenience of doing things online--and this has been an exercise in complete frustration.

If I were a first-time cruiser with Celebrity, I would be very concerned about the quality of this line. Luckily, I know that (with a few glitches) they are very good, otherwise I'd be really questioning my choice.

But they had better get this website in order before they start LOSING customers big-time. Seriously.

I called Celebrity and was told that the 'My Celebrity' site was designed to only access reservations made directly with Celebrity, and not for bookings made with travel agents. I don't think that is quite accurate.

You are right. That is not accurate. I always book with a T/A. All I have to do is then add the Celebrity booking # provided by the TA to my My Celebrity page. I can then manage my reservation.

You are right. That is not accurate. I always book with a T/A. All I have to do is then add the Celebrity booking # provided by the TA to my My Celebrity page. I can then manage my reservation.

Completely inaccurate. I have booked a number of cruises on Celebrity through a TA and have always had access to My Celebrity….when it works, that is.

If I log in, my booking says "Successfully cancelled'. Not what I want to see. If I don't log in and go to online check-in and enter my booking number, it shows up. I haven't gone on with the check process yet to see if that will enter because I'm afraid it won't and don't want to enter all that info for nothing.

Final payment is in a few days; waiting with trepidation to see what happens then. Our TA says she can see our reservation fine, so hopefully all will be well.

I can't log in because of the following message...well I could, but with all that goes on in the world today, am afraid to. I've tried on Firefox as well and got a similar message. I'm trying to get further details on excursions so calling wouldn't help me out.

"The server's security certificate is not yet valid!

You attempted to reach secure.celebritycruises.com, but the server presented a certificate that is not yet valid. No information is available to indicate whether that certificate can be trusted. Google Chrome cannot reliably guarantee that you are communicating with secure.celebritycruises.com and not an attacker. Your computer's clock is currently set to Sunday, August 3, 2014 10:39:17 AM. Does that look right? If not, you should correct your system's clock and then refresh this page.

You should not proceed, especially if you have never seen this warning before for this site."