stopovers from the UK

cruiseshy

Hi - just realised there is a dedicated forum for Hawaii so duplicating already asked in another forum section - sorry!

Cosidering a cruise around the Hawaiian islands

The flight to Honolulu is about 15 hours I believe. I am not good at recovering from long haul flights.

What would be the easiest stop over for a few nights on both out from Uk and back again?

Thanks

This is actually more a Cruise Air question (see here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128 )

then to do with Hawaii, but we move on.

I would suggest a flight from the UK to either SF or LA, as those have the most options to Hawaii. But you could also go in to a variety of other locations (Denver, Seattle, Portland, Phoenix, even some smaller airports like Oakland), but you will have less choices from the UK to there, or from any of those airports to Hawaii.

If you don't want to extend your stay in Hawaii before or after your cruise I would suggest L.A., San Francisco, and San Diego. All are great places for a 2-3 day stop on the way to Hawaii. Another possibility is flying into Phoenix and a trip to the Grand Canyon. I know there are direct flights from all of the cities I mentioned to Honolulu. Hope this helps. It is nice to break up a long flight with a fun layover!!!! Cherie

I would advise just flying to Hawaii and spending time on some island...that will let you recover...you'll have MAJOR jet lag...2-3 days should work....plus, you will have time to SEE Hawaii...a cruise is but a "taste"...landbased vacations are preferred!