Taxi or Carnival transfer Pier 88 to JFK

glituner32

Taxis between Manhattan and JFK (in either direction) are a flat rate of $52.80 plus tolls and tip. Car services such as Dial7 and Carmel have similar fares.

It's really your call...for two people the cruise line transfer might be a couple of dollars cheaper in the end, but the difference isn't significant. Personally I'd just as soon jump into a taxi or livery car on my schedule rather than sitting around waiting for the bus to leave the pier and possibly making stops at several different airline terminals before stopping at my airline's terminal.

• 4 weeks later...

Depending on the size of those 4 pc. of luggage, you might actually fit all 4 pax plus luggage into one of the full size 4 door sedan (taxi) i.e. still plenty of Ford Crown Vic (a/k/a ex-police fleet) running - we did four 22" airline sized carryon plus 2 backpack into the huge trunk, 3 pax in back and 1 in front.

The dispatcher on duty will usually summon & have you hold/wait for the next available taxi van, like this one picture here across the street from Pier 88, MCT at the taxi stand. There are also SUV's which can handle four rollers or spinners, depending on their sizes.

Or, use Carmel or Dial7 for the JFK ride - rates will be about the same (as they try to stay competitive vs. yellow taxi's flat rate to JFK only) and there's online coupon to save up to $4 on the trip. This March, we booked & called up as we left CBP inside the terminal (beyond the secured area) and by the time we walked our way out across 12th Avenue, our car/driver was already there & arranging to pick us up for the trip.

As NJH said above, either taxi or car service are fine, we do however, use Carmel more often for the cruise terminal & airport, a matter of personal preference, I guess.

Depending on the size of those 4 pc. of luggage, you might actually fit all 4 pax plus luggage into one of the full size 4 door sedan (taxi) i.e. still plenty of Ford Crown Vic (a/k/a ex-police fleet) running - we did four 22" airline sized carryon plus 2 backpack into the huge trunk, 3 pax in back and 1 in front.

The dispatcher on duty will usually summon & have you hold/wait for the next available taxi van, like this one picture here across the street from Pier 88, MCT at the taxi stand. There are also SUV's which can handle four rollers or spinners, depending on their sizes.

Or, use Carmel or Dial7 for the JFK ride - rates will be about the same (as they try to stay competitive vs. yellow taxi's flat rate to JFK only) and there's online coupon to save up to $4 on the trip. This March, we booked & called up as we left CBP inside the terminal (beyond the secured area) and by the time we walked our way out across 12th Avenue, our car/driver was already there & arranging to pick us up for the trip.

As NJH said above, either taxi or car service are fine, we do however, use Carmel more often for the cruise terminal & airport, a matter of personal preference, I guess.

Thanks, I'll probably just get a cab since if I use like Carmel I don't know the exact time I will be out of customs and get my luggage.