Stay in Inner Harbor/ Feel safe?

thomarvin

If you have stayed in Baltimore's Inner harbor recently pre/post cruise, did you feel safe with all that is going on there right now? We leave this weekend and staying across from Camden yards and I have to admit feeling a little anxious. I know the port itself isn't in the "trouble area" but curious of how you felt while there.

You'll be fine. All the hoopla is over. Things are back to normal.* Go out. Walk around. Enjoy! :)

*That said, Baltimore is a big city. There is crime. Don't walk around talking on your cell phone. Be aware of your surroundings. Etc.

I was ok till I saw that there were 28 shootings and a stabbing this past weekend.

Thanks for the "bump" I posted this on the CCL page but they moved me :( I know this page isn't as visited as the other one.

In Baltimore City 41 murders in the last month

Arrest are down over 32 %

Crime is up over 25%

The affects of the riots still linger.

Yesterday protesters shut down entrances to the city from Interstate 95

I would monitor the local news and you are they only one to make the decision whether to stay in Baltimore City.

Update. We got yesterday just as the ball game was getting over (it was a 4pm game). We walked to the inner harbor and had dinner at Lenny's deli ( very good by the way it's right near the Cheesecake Factory) I did feel safe walking around. We didn't notice and damage to buildings or property as we walked around. We did stay on the main streets and as a "mama bear". I kept an eye on my "cubs". But I am glad I didn't change hotels and helped support the businesses in the area.

Edited by thomarvin