Bernard's Tours Question

Hello so I've noticed on here the Bernard's Tours, so I looked it up and I honestly thought this tour is awesome for the price. So what I was wondering about is you pay the 5.00PP deposit online, so you pay for the rest when you are there? Also for the tour to you go in a van with people from your ship or no? Thank you!

(Tell me what was your trip with the Bernard's Tour was like too)!

Hello so I've noticed on here the Bernard's Tours, so I looked it up and I honestly thought this tour is awesome for the price. So what I was wondering about is you pay the 5.00PP deposit online, so you pay for the rest when you are there? Also for the tour to you go in a van with people from your ship or no? Thank you!

(Tell me what was your trip with the Bernard's Tour was like too)!

We toured with Bernard in December 2014. As I recall yes we paid the deposit online and we paid the balance when the tour was over. He takes credit or cash.

Your tour could be with anybody that is in port for that day. There were 7 ships in port the day we were there. Luck of the draw.

The tour overall was very good and informative. A good value for what you get. The only negative was when we toured we didn't go to Orient Beach but for only 10 minutes just to view. Weeks earlier a hurricane brought tremendous amounts of seaweed onto the beach. It was unbelievable. Obviously this was not the tour companies fault. So with all the leftover time we had we spent most of that in Marigot when we wish it would have been at Maho Beach watching the planes go right over us. I think we spent only like 50 minutes there. My wife and I could have spent all day there. But hopefully you won't and shouldn't have that issue with Orient Beach as I've heard the seaweed isn't an issue anymore. The guide was knowledgable about the island and knew his stuff. Also the free soda, beer and water was a plus. Hope this helps.

We toured with Bernard in December 2014. As I recall yes we paid the deposit online and we paid the balance when the tour was over. He takes credit or cash.

Your tour could be with anybody that is in port for that day. There were 7 ships in port the day we were there. Luck of the draw.

The tour overall was very good and informative. A good value for what you get. The only negative was when we toured we didn't go to Orient Beach but for only 10 minutes just to view. Weeks earlier a hurricane brought tremendous amounts of seaweed onto the beach. It was unbelievable. Obviously this was not the tour companies fault. So with all the leftover time we had we spent most of that in Marigot when we wish it would have been at Maho Beach watching the planes go right over us. I think we spent only like 50 minutes there. My wife and I could have spent all day there. But hopefully you won't and shouldn't have that issue with Orient Beach as I've heard the seaweed isn't an issue anymore. The guide was knowledgable about the island and knew his stuff. Also the free soda, beer and water was a plus. Hope this helps.

Thank you this really did help. Oh and did you use PayPal to make the deposit online?

Thank you this really did help. Oh and did you use PayPal to make the deposit online?

Yes I think I did use PayPal. I know I paid him cash at the end of the tour.

I loved Bernard's Tour, we chose the shopping option. Payed $5 through PayPal and the rest when we gathered for the tour. There were two ships in port that day and our tour had a mix of both the Celebrity and RCI ship. The guide was wonderful and very informative about both sides of the island. He sure kept the rum punch flowing too. We stopped at a few places for pictures, my favorite was the sea urchin man. We got to earn about them and hold them, so cool. There were just enough stops so you don't get tired from riding, but not too many so you feel you are constantly getting on and off. In Marigot we shopped around and had to stop at Sarafina, one of the worlds best pastry shops. Even if you do not buy anything, the cakes and pastries are beautiful. I would definitely book Bernard's Tours again.

I loved Bernard's Tour, we chose the shopping option. Payed $5 through PayPal and the rest when we gathered for the tour. There were two ships in port that day and our tour had a mix of both the Celebrity and RCI ship. The guide was wonderful and very informative about both sides of the island. He sure kept the rum punch flowing too. We stopped at a few places for pictures, my favorite was the sea urchin man. We got to earn about them and hold them, so cool. There were just enough stops so you don't get tired from riding, but not too many so you feel you are constantly getting on and off. In Marigot we shopped around and had to stop at Sarafina, one of the worlds best pastry shops. Even if you do not buy anything, the cakes and pastries are beautiful. I would definitely book Bernard's Tours again.

That's awesome, and I was planning on doing the one with the beach included. I love the itinerary for the price it's awesome. :)

I just went to book tour #2. I see it starts at 9 AM. My ship is docked from 12:15-8:00 PM. Does anyone know if the schedule can be changed for the ship? Thanks.

This was on the Bernard's Tour website under the FAQ page scroll down to #9 and it should give you additional info about this. I hoped this helps!

"All tours for ships arriving between 6:00am and 8:30am begin at 9:00am

All tours for ships arriving at 9:00am begin at 9:30am

All tours for ships arriving at 10:00am begin at 10:30am

All tours for ships arriving at 12:30pm begin at 12:45pm"

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone,

My husband really wants to go to Maho and there is only one excursion through Royal. We really like Tour II. I've tried emailing Bernards a few times to enquire about pricing for children and have yet to receive a response. Has anyone had a problem contacting them?

Thanks

Hello Everyone,

My husband really wants to go to Maho and there is only one excursion through Royal. We really like Tour II. I've tried emailing Bernards a few times to enquire about pricing for children and have yet to receive a response. Has anyone had a problem contacting them?

Thanks

I just yesterday booked a private tour with Bernards and they called and e-mailed for confirmation within a few hours. Gerry