Ship sails from Brooklyn OR Manhattan...???s

SoBaycruiser

Our small ship cruise says it departs from Brooklyn or Manhattan in 2016. We will be flying in from the West Coast a few days early to enjoy NYC. Can I assume there will be no problem getting to either terminal (once they decide) if we stay in the city for those days? Are they both within reasonable cab fare?

You can find the port schedule here: http://www.nycruise.com/schedule/ . At this time the only 2016 cruise that doesn't have its cruise terminal specified is the 9/7/16 sailing of Holland America's Zuiderdam (although occasionally there's an error on the schedule or something is revised for some operational reason).

In any event, I suspect you're going to want to stay in Manhattan for your pre-cruise sightseeing, and if so you'll obviously be closer to the Manhattan cruise terminal, but the Brooklyn pier is a reasonable taxi ride from Midtown or Downtown Manhattan.

We have cruised from both ports several times and always stay in midtown Manhattan, it will cost a little more if ship leaves from Brooklyn but its not bad, my guess would be 40 dollar taxi ride, if it leaves from Manhattan it would be 10. Love leaving out of NYC and passing the NYC skyline and Statue of Liberty on 1st and last day of cruise.

I know that Princes cruise ships always state that they leave from either Brooklyn or Manhattan, but the truth is they always leave from Brooklyn unless another ship is in that port at that time. It is extremely rare for a Princess ship to leave from Manhattan. Look at the port schedule as posted by the other person and that will tell you exactly where your ship will leave from. I am on a Princess cruise later this fall and booked my hotel in Brooklyn because I do not want to have to worry about traffic. I am getting to NYC 2 days early and will do some site seeing in Manhattan by using the subway and such. But I like embarking day to be stress free, but that is just me.