Anyone used miami parking lots for offsite parking?

lcgvol

The company is Miami parking lots dot com. The address is 8300 NW 7th Ave. Their website says they are located beside the Miami Dade Sheriffs Station and are gated and 100% secure with 24/7 armed guards and 360 degree surveillance system. The fact that they have armed guards is somehow not very reassuring to me. Just wondering if anyone has ever used them or even heard of them.

Last time someone asked about this location I advised that no one in their right mind would even slow down when approaching that neighborhood, never mind parking and unloading your bags in plain sight then transferring to a shuttle for 15-20 minute ride to the port, no matter how much security there appears to be. But I was actually rebutted by a couple of people who said their experience at this lot was fine. Brave souls indeed.

If you need to be on the road home as early as possible after you disembark, find it in your budget to park at the port rather than the middle of crack alley. Unfortunately most of the other discount off-site parking nearer downtown Miami is no more safe or reliable.

Thank you! I found it odd that I could find no reviews about this one. I am just worried how my 79 year old mother in law will do with her luggage walking from the terminal to the parking area. We have always taken shuttles before.

I personally, would never leave my car in a lot on NW7th Ave, guarded lot or not. It's just not a very nice part of Miami. Maybe that's why some say Miami is 'sketchy' and 'seedy' but that's the only area I can think of that would apply. There is plenty of parking at the port, sure, it costs $20 a day but at least your car is there in one piece when you get back.

Without a doubt, someone will come forth and tell you they had a stellar experience there and the $35 dollars they saved allowed them to buy extra pina coladas!

Do not for any reason use this lot.

Park at the port.

I live in Miami and I don't hear in the news anything about this parking lot, is not the best neighborhood but if you park and go you will be fine. I google the address and the parking lot is full, they must be doing something right.

ImageUploadedByForums1438282571.070634.jpg.162065a3fac552ced5e7c3a19a6c528e.jpg

I live in Miami and I don't hear in the news anything about this parking lot, is not the best neighborhood but if you park and go you will be fine. I google the address and the parking lot is full, they must be doing something right.

[ATTACH]357489[/ATTACH]

And we have a winner!!!

For what its worth, that is a long way from the port.

I ride my bicycle through there to get to downtown Miami and south beach.

That is interesting. They claim it's a 10 minute ride to the port. It is $65 for our 8 day cruise there versus $160 parking at POM. I think for the convenience and peace of mind, we'll probably park at the port. Thanks everyone!!