Hotels in the Baltimore Cruise port Area

Dorh

Hi, First time cruisers out of Baltimore. We are driving from NY and want to stay one night before the cruise. Any suggestions for a decent, safe hotel where we can leave our car for the 7 night cruise with shuttle transportation to the pier? Moderate price, clean and safe would be good. Thanks for any thoughts on this.

Are you coming down I-95? Are you just looking for a place to stay, or do you want to explore Baltimore as well?

If you're just looking for a place to stay and park, I'd suggest looking in the White Marsh area. There have been several recent posts with hotels in that area that offer park, stay, and cruise packages. Many of the hotels that are routinely recommended are actually south of Baltimore near the airport; you're coming from and returning to the north. White Marsh is north of town. There are also restaurants, a mall, etc., in the area. At the end of your cruise, the hotel shuttle is going to be taking you towards NY, rather than away from it.

If you want to explore Baltimore, it's a lot more complicated on a park and cruise package...

• 1 month later...
Are you coming down I-95? Are you just looking for a place to stay, or do you want to explore Baltimore as well?

If you're just looking for a place to stay and park, I'd suggest looking in the White Marsh area. There have been several recent posts with hotels in that area that offer park, stay, and cruise packages. Many of the hotels that are routinely recommended are actually south of Baltimore near the airport; you're coming from and returning to the north. White Marsh is north of town. There are also restaurants, a mall, etc., in the area. At the end of your cruise, the hotel shuttle is going to be taking you towards NY, rather than away from it.

If you want to explore Baltimore, it's a lot more complicated on a park and cruise package...

Hi - We will have our own car and will be parking at the pier. If we are coming into town a few days early to explore and enjoy, where would you recommend we look for a hotel near? We don't mind distance, but would like to stay in a safe area?

We are driving from Michigan, so before port or after? What do you recommend us making sure we see / visit?

Thanks for any help

Hi - We will have our own car and will be parking at the pier. If we are coming into town a few days early to explore and enjoy, where would you recommend we look for a hotel near? We don't mind distance, but would like to stay in a safe area?

We are driving from Michigan, so before port or after? What do you recommend us making sure we see / visit?

Thanks for any help

It depends a bit on budget. Staying in the Inner Harbor area is more convenient to most of the Baltimore attractions you will want to see. It is pricier. Another poster spoke about White Marsh which is good if you are coming south on I-95. If you are coming east on I-70 the Columbia/Ellicott City area is an option. Both are less expensive than staying downtown and are less than a 30 minute drive (not rush hour) into the city.

If I live only a short drive away (in Pennsylvania), is it better to park at the cruise terminal or buy a stay and cruise package from a hotel?

Any thoughts?

I would drive to the port and park. So nice to leave the ship and hop in your car and head home after the cruise.If you take the shuttle you don't know when they will show up and handling the luggage twice from poet to shuttle and then to the car.

When we cruise out of New Jersey we always just park at the pier.

Just a heads up, but I live in this area and I see deals on Groupon and Living Social for hotels in the Inner Harbor area everyday. These hotels won't show up on travel websites so you have to look on Groupon or Living Social. Just filter by city and state for "getaways" and "escapes".

Better yet, sign up for subscription for Baltimore, MD deals and just unsubscribe after you book at the hotel.

As of today, 2 hotels are showing up on Groupon for $110 and $144/night, respectively.

The Inner Harbor is great for tourists with lots of stuff to do there. The only down side is parking isn't cheap. If you don't want to pay for overnight parking, you may want to look at the BWI Airport area. Most hotels there have free parking and the less expensive than the Inner Harbor. It's only a 15-20 minute drive to the pier