Newark Airport question

pinkroses

Is 35 minutes enough time to change planes in Newark Airport within the United terminal? The schedule provided by United allows for 35 minute layover, but I am hesitant if it really can be done. Thanks

No way, no how. You could be 30 seconds from one gate to the next, or you could be a fifteen or twenty minute walk. There are three distinct arms of terminal C which is United. I am surprised they would even let you schedule this connection.

No way, no how. You could be 30 seconds from one gate to the next, or you could be a fifteen or twenty minute walk. There are three distinct arms of terminal C which is United. I am surprised they would even let you schedule this connection.

How bout it? I am traveling from Austin, Tx through Newark to Wilkes Barre Scranton, PA. Plugged it into the United system and got a 35 minute layover in Newark. Why do they even do that?

Short answer NO. but you didn't say when you are traveling so I just picked a couple random dates and the shortest connection I could find is about a 52 min connection at Chicago. So I don't know where you are getting a 35 min connection at EWR on United from.

How bout it? I am traveling from Austin, Tx through Newark to Wilkes Barre Scranton, PA. Plugged it into the United system and got a 35 minute layover in Newark. Why do they even do that?

Can you skip it altogether & drive yourself to EWR? What about a flight out of ABE?

Short answer NO. but you didn't say when you are traveling so I just picked a couple random dates and the shortest connection I could find is about a 52 min connection at Chicago. So I don't know where you are getting a 35 min connection at EWR on United from.

6:52 am. Arriving in EWR at 11:30 am

12:05 leaving EWR arriving in Wilkes Barre Scranton 12:58 pm

This is from the United Site.

From United's own timetable:

Minimum connecting times vary between airports. Please allow at least 45

minutes for a domestic connection and at least 90 minutes for an international connection.

http://www.united.com/CMS/UADocuments/pdfs/timetable.pdf

The op is right...they are showing a 35 min connection in EWR. There is no chance they will make it as the Austin to Newark is on a mainline bird and the second flight is on a rj (actually a propeller plane thus there will be a terminal change and probably that stupid bus ride :mad:)

6:52 am. Arriving in EWR at 11:30 am

12:05 leaving EWR arriving in Wilkes Barre Scranton 12:58 pm

This is from the United Site.

I had to search around turkey day (you didn't say that in the beginning) but found the flights they are showing you. :eek:

I'd skip that choice and take the 7am to Chicago and then the 1:52pm to WB. a) you get a longer layover b) you avoid Newark c) it is at least jet service all the way and d) you avoid Newark.

I had to search around turkey day (you didn't say that in the beginning) but found the flights they are showing you. :eek:

I'd skip that choice and take the 7am to Chicago and then the 1:52pm to WB. a) you get a longer layover b) you avoid Newark c) it is at least jet service all the way and d) you avoid Newark.

Thanks! I will take a look at that. I actually phoned United, worthless as it was. The person answering the phone said anything over 30 minutes is " viable". When I asked if he had been in the Newark airport, he had not so the call was worthless. I get much better answers on here!

Our daughter had to change her connection in Atlanta from Denver, Delta gave her a 12:15 arrival with a 12:50 departure. I found a connection through Atlanta for her with an hour or 2 hour layover which she called Delta and got the change. I have no idea how they can assume passengers can be landing and make it to another flight under 40 minutes at any airport. We allow no less then 2 hours if connecting in DFW.