Provence Connection Day Tours

billrco90278

Does anybody have feedback about Provence Connection which operates out of Marseille? They have a shore excursion to Aix-en-Provence, Cassis, and Marseille which sells by the seat. It looks like a much better tour and deal than those offered by the ship.I see mostly excellent ratings on Trip Advisor, but want a second opinion from Cruise Critic people. Thanks for your input.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• Like 1

Does anybody have feedback about Provence Connection which operates out of Marseille? They have a shore excursion to Aix-en-Provence, Cassis, and Marseille which sells by the seat. It looks like a much better tour and deal than those offered by the ship.I see mostly excellent ratings on Trip Advisor, but want a second opinion from Cruise Critic people. Thanks for your input.

Never used them, but they really need their website sorting out. It's awful.

• 2 weeks later...

We used them last year for a private tour from Marseilles to Cassis.

They are very reliable.

Our driver was a very nice French guy with a very outgoing personality and very patient.

We had a wonderful time and will not hesitate to book them again.

You can read my review on Tripadvisor under the same name (it was in July 2014).

Hope this helps.

• 4 weeks later...
I emailed them and they said they were in the process of changing the site around. Doh! Ya think. Best way is to email them with your Qs.

I emailed them as well. Looking for a tour to Aix and Cassis from Marseilles in July.

BTW, I see you're from Vero Beach. We'll be there this summer at DVC resort. What restaurants do you recommend for seafood and Italian ?

I emailed them as well. Looking for a tour to Aix and Cassis from Marseilles in July.

BTW, I see you're from Vero Beach. We'll be there this summer at DVC resort. What restaurants do you recommend for seafood and Italian ?

Welcome to VB.

Seafood - Fishack Downtown Vero - Key West atmosphere. Great choices

Ocean Grill on water. Long time favorite. Seafood always good

Italian - Scampi Grill Downtown VB Well known by locals

DiMare Not far from Disney. Good food.

There are many Italian restaurants in Vero, most are good. .

If you need other choices, let me know. VB has become a haven for good restaurants.

Welcome to VB.

Seafood - Fishack Downtown Vero - Key West atmosphere. Great choices

Ocean Grill on water. Long time favorite. Seafood always good

Italian - Scampi Grill Downtown VB Well known by locals

DiMare Not far from Disney. Good food.

There are many Italian restaurants in Vero, most are good. .

If you need other choices, let me know. VB has become a haven for good restaurants.

Thanks so much !!:)

• 5 months later...

Hi I was just looking at that tour as well. We are a group of 4 if you are interested we could get a quote for 6 ppl and see if that works. Is anyone else interested to join this tour please let me know.

Hi I was just looking at that tour as well. We are a group of 4 if you are interested we could get a quote for 6 ppl and see if that works. Is anyone else interested to join this tour please let me know.

We have them booked in November. Seem to have good reviews and nice itinerary. Only drawback I saw was needing to give them a deposit in advance.

Hi,

I will be sailing on the Celebrity Silhouette in November 2016. Does anyone know of a good tour guide for a day trip to Provence from the port of Toulon? I see that all of the guides have excellent reviews on Trip Advisor. I don't think many of the tour guides are working in the month of November. I know that Catherine from Tour Designer in Provence is already booked.

Thanks,

Elaine - momusa27

Hi,

I will be sailing on the Celebrity Silhouette in November 2016. Does anyone know of a good tour guide for a day trip to Provence from the port of Toulon? I see that all of the guides have excellent reviews on Trip Advisor. I don't think many of the tour guides are working in the month of November. I know that Catherine from Tour Designer in Provence is already booked.

Thanks,

Elaine - momusa27

We are on the Silly in Nov 2015 booked with Provence tours to Marseille and Aix. If you email me @ leedotwoodardathotmaildotcom After Nov 16 I will give you my results. Good or bad.

We are on the Silly in Nov 2015 booked with Provence tours to Marseille and Aix. If you email me @ leedotwoodardathotmaildotcom After Nov 16 I will give you my results. Good or bad.

Thanks so much! I will probably make a reservation for 2 with Provence Connection, but I will try to email you to find out how you enjoyed the tour.

Elaine

When are you sailing - November 2015 or November 2016? If you are sailing on the Celebrity Silhouette in November 2016, my husband and I would be interested. Please let me know which sailing you're on.

Thanks,

Elaine - momusa27

When are you sailing - November 2015 or November 2016? If you are sailing on the Celebrity Silhouette in November 2016, my husband and I would be interested. Please let me know which sailing you're on.

Thanks,

Elaine - momusa27

Hi Finnley Jack,

I have booked the Provence Connection for 8 people in a van for November 7, 2016. We are sailing on the Celebrity Silhouette and we will need 6 more people to fill the van. The cost for 8 people is 549 Euros which breaks down to about 69 Euros per person for a full day tour to Aix-en-provence and Cassis. Please let me know if you are interested in joining my husband and I. I have planned trips like this before (in 2012, I arranged for a private tour for 75 to the Golden Circle in Iceland on the Caribbean Princess ) and the tour was just fabulous for everyone that joined us. Please email me at eswasserman@gmail.com if you are interested.

Thanks,

Elaine

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Finnley Jack,

I have booked the Provence Connection for 8 people in a van for November 7, 2016. We are sailing on the Celebrity Silhouette and we will need 6 more people to fill the van. The cost for 8 people is 549 Euros which breaks down to about 69 Euros per person for a full day tour to Aix-en-provence and Cassis. Please let me know if you are interested in joining my husband and I. I have planned trips like this before (in 2012, I arranged for a private tour for 75 to the Golden Circle in Iceland on the Caribbean Princess ) and the tour was just fabulous for everyone that joined us. Please email me at eswasserman@gmail.com if you are interested.

Thanks,

Elaine

We are on the Equinox May 9, 2016 sailing and I have booked a van for 8 with Provence Connection for both Toulon as well as Cannes (we overnight there), would be interested in feed back from those of you who will be touring with them this fall. Thanks:)

Edited by prish

Hi There,

I've booked a group of 8 for our November 2016 T/A cruise on the Celebrity Silhouette with Provence Connection to Aix-en-Provence and Cassis. They did explain that seeing two of the three cities is the best way to tour, so we are not going to Marseille. They are wonderful to deal with and yes, they have excellent reviews on Trip Advisor. I am looking forward to that tour next year.

Thanks,

Elaine - momusa27

Hi There,

I've booked a group of 8 for our November 2016 T/A cruise on the Celebrity Silhouette with Provence Connection to Aix-en-Provence and Cassis. They did explain that seeing two of the three cities is the best way to tour, so we are not going to Marseille. They are wonderful to deal with and yes, they have excellent reviews on Trip Advisor. I am looking forward to that tour next year.

Thanks,

Elaine - momusa27

Elaine, we were in Aix and Cassis last year on the Silly. The Calanques will be closed for the season. Town was virtually a ghost town but fun to walk around. We are using Provence Connection as well this time and are going to Marseille and Aix. Hope weather is better this time. Aix is a pretty town and we hope Marseille is as well.

Elaine, we were in Aix and Cassis last year on the Silly. The Calanques will be closed for the season. Town was virtually a ghost town but fun to walk around. We are using Provence Connection as well this time and are going to Marseille and Aix. Hope weather is better this time. Aix is a pretty town and we hope Marseille is as well.

Thanks for the information! Wow! A ghost town! What is the Calanques? I'm assuming that the weather wasn't so good last November - hope it's better for you this year and for me next year! Please let me know how your tour with Provence Connection goes.

Thanks!

Elaine

Thanks for the information! Wow! A ghost town! What is the Calanques? I'm assuming that the weather wasn't so good last November - hope it's better for you this year and for me next year! Please let me know how your tour with Provence Connection goes.

Thanks!

Elaine

The Calanques are beautiful! I didn't remember them mentioned in our tour description or itinerary from Provence Connection. I just went on Trip Advisor to see what they are - outstanding! Sorry to hear that they will be closed for the season. Provence Connection seems like they do a very good job in the touring department! I'm sure they will make sure that you see everything possible on your day's excursion. I'm really looking forward to going next year.

The Calanques are beautiful! I didn't remember them mentioned in our tour description or itinerary from Provence Connection. I just went on Trip Advisor to see what they are - outstanding! Sorry to hear that they will be closed for the season. Provence Connection seems like they do a very good job in the touring department! I'm sure they will make sure that you see everything possible on your day's excursion. I'm really looking forward to going next year.

We are also booked with Provence Connection for Toulon next May plus 1.5 days in Cannes as we have an overnight there. Looking forward to some feedback from others taking tours with PC this fall, thanks in advance:)

Thanks!

Elaine

They are high sea cliffs very sheer. Beautiful when seen from a boat.

The calanques won't be closed for the season! They are a National Park and a natural site and as such are open all year round. Actually the only time they ARE sometimes closed is in the middle of summer when it's hot and windy and there is a fire risk. The weather in November is the deciding factor. There can be very mild and fine days in Provence at that time of year --- if you're lucky, of course... http://www.marvellous-provence.com/other-places/sights-and-attractions/calanques