Buying scotch in St. Thomas

jk928

Can anyone recommend the best places to shop for liquor in St. Thomas? We are looking to buy 15 year / 18 year Scotch. We used to like A.H. Rise, but noticed on our last trip (about 3 years ago) they were more expensive then some of the other stores.

We will be on the Carnival Liberty and will be going to San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Kitts, St. Marteen, St Lucia, and Barbados. Would any of these place be cheaper for Scotch?

We live in Michigan, so the prices will be much better in the Islands.

I found some really good deals at Dynasty Dazzlersin St. Thomas. They had a shop at Havensight and another right down the street from A.H. Riise.

Admittedly, I didn't price Scotch closely as I was more interested in expanding my rum stocks.

I will also add that in talking with some other cruisers many stated that St. Marteen had some of the best liquor prices in all of the islands.

Good luck to you! Let us know how you did!

Can anyone recommend the best places to shop for liquor in St. Thomas? We are looking to buy 15 year / 18 year Scotch. We used to like A.H. Rise, but noticed on our last trip (about 3 years ago) they were more expensive then some of the other stores.

We will be on the Carnival Liberty and will be going to San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Kitts, St. Marteen, St Lucia, and Barbados. Would any of these place be cheaper for Scotch?

Like the Islays? Costco has Lagavulin cheap.

For the most part only the tourist buy liquor in town. The super markets like Plaza Extra and Cost U Less are cheaper.

If you buy one bottle of a VI liquor, such as Cruzan Rum, then you are allowed to bring six bottles per person back to the states duty free. I believe the other islands have more restrictions on what you can bring back duty free. The supermarkets will supply liquor boxes for a very small fee ($1 or $2).

Edited by beautifulbill

In April, DH bought a 1.75 liter of JW Blue for $130 or $150 and a liter of Glenfiddich 18 yrs. old for $65 in the port, in St. Kitts. All I can tell you is that the store is in a corner, on the left hand as you leave the ship, the store also sells tobacco and jewelry, if that helps. Can't comment on the other islands as I've never priced them before.