YYZ/BUF to FLL/MIA Flight Prices

jadephoenixx

Hi everyone. It's been about 6 years since we've cruised out of Fort Lauderdale and have one booked for April 2016. I've been looking at direct flights from YYZ/BUF to FLL/MIA (Apr 2-10). No matter what flight combination I use, they seem high to me ($1200+ for 2 adults out of YYZ and BUF not much cheaper) but I'm not sure what to expect and what is reasonable since it's been so long. For those who've cruised recently, do you mind sharing what your flight prices have been like?

Edited by jadephoenixx

I am seeing Jet Blue, non stop BUF-FLL for $548. 11:30am departure going home is only issue, but if you are sailing out of FLL, you can do it.

I am seeing one stops from just under $400, but with a 9am departure from FLL, so you will have to spend the night after you get off the ship.

Those fares seem a little high, but certainly not outrageous by any means. We normally describe fares per person here, (at least on the Cruise Air board, where these things are discussed daily)so your $600+ can be beat by a little.

Edited by CruiserBruce

I am seeing Jet Blue, non stop BUF-FLL for $548. 11:30am departure going home is only issue, but if you are sailing out of FLL, you can do it.

I am seeing one stops from just under $400, but with a 9am departure from FLL, so you will have to spend the night after you get off the ship.

Those fares seem a little high, but certainly not outrageous by any means. We normally describe fares per person here, (at least on the Cruise Air board, where these things are discussed daily)so your $600+ can be beat by a little.

Thanks for the info, CruiserBruce. This is good info and gives me a bit of a guideline as I'm keeping an eye on the prices.

If you don't mind leaving at 2 AM Spirit flies out of IAG to FLL. Departing Thursday Mar 31, return late night Monday April 11 is around US$300 R/T. Plus all their assorted and sundry fees. Flying Fri Sat or Sun substantially higher though if that's what you need.

(And you will get more help with questions about flying to MIA or FLL on the Florida Departures board rather than this one)

Edited by fishywood

Thanks for the info, CruiserBruce. This is good info and gives me a bit of a guideline as I'm keeping an eye on the prices.

In my opinion, you should have been watching prices for a couple of months now, and should be ready to commit. Perhaps the prices might drop, but are you prepared to eat an increase if it happens, as that is just as possible, if not more likely?

OP, have you used APPs like Kayak to track pricing trends for your flights/airports combo ?? Those prices are crazy but not out of line with Spring break in full swing/Easter around that time of the year ... any other alternate airports within driving distance (Detroit, MI ?? - drive there or connect from there)

Sometimes, getting the help of a good TA also help as they can sometimes come up with creative but "legal" routings allowed under various fare rules ... we just did an overseas TPAC one for $950 p/p in basically premium economy comfort on a round-trip basis, JFK-TPE-ICN-JFK with nonstops, hence, we didn't do our "traditional" Fall cruise out of NY last or this month.

When you factor in the total costs of the cruise, airfares & lodging, transportation & all - it sometimes add up to a really expensive vacation, especially when it's the same old, same old ports & itineraries again. Our nieces with their kids "must" ;) get to Orlando somehow & they paid $$$$ for it when schools are in recess, no "if's" or "but's"

• 2 weeks later...