Nathans or Wet Money Rentals?

pbmsmile

We are trying to decide between two companies for our golf cart rental on Grand Turk. Has anyone used Wet Money Rentals?? We have used Nathan's to rent a golf cart on a previous trip and we had a blast...but the golf cart was a POS with a coathanger clutch and had zero get up and go. Any resent experiences with either of these companies!???? :confused::confused::confused:

Edited by pbmsmile

• 2 weeks later...

I believe Nathan's might be out of business but not 100% sure and I have not heard anything about wet money rentals. We have rented from Karib before and have had great experiences with them and will be renting from them again next summer.

• 5 weeks later...

if they are still in business Nathan's did not have our cart when we got there. EVEN WITH THE CONFIRMATION EMAIL IN HAND (FROM THEM) they said I did not reserve a cart. I also showed them where they drew money out of my account. they then said they would credit me.... didnt happen. Took almost a year to get my money back. :mad::mad::mad::mad.

I believe Nathan's might be out of business but not 100% sure and I have not heard anything about wet money rentals. We have rented from Karib before and have had great experiences with them and will be renting from them again next summer.

Trap23...I have a question about karib rentals.. I contacted them and have gotten an invoice but it does not state the date I am renting for, the amt I still owe, or anything specific to my rental. It basically says they are located outside the gate and pay $95 to reserve 2 golfcarts. I have sent them 2 different email asking for the invoice to state which date I am renting for and the amt still owed and have gotten zero response. Is this how your invoice looked?? I am pretty leery to pay a deposit and just hope I have a cart on the date I have specified...:confused::confused::confused:

I contacted Karib about an ATV rental for our upcoming cruise. They replied that I was confirmed but never sent me the invoice for a deposit even when I asked. I'm just hoping the ATV is there and planning in case it is not. Don't know what to expect. :confused: He can't charge us anything since we never provided a CC number.

I contacted Karib about an ATV rental for our upcoming cruise. They replied that I was confirmed but never sent me the invoice for a deposit even when I asked. I'm just hoping the ATV is there and planning in case it is not. Don't know what to expect. :confused: He can't charge us anything since we never provided a CC number.

I ended up just calling Junior at Karib Rentals and although I understood about every third word he said he did have our rental in the books as an invitation ( apparently the first step of a rental with this company). What he could not seem to grasp is that I wanted ( expected) an invoice that actually listed what, when, and the $ involved in the rental. Their invoice is very weird. I did a little research through trip advisor and that is apparently how they do it so I went ahead and sent in my deposit. If you did not send in your 50% deposit YOU WILL NOT HAVE A RENTAL!!! Here is the # I called (649) 346-8652

BTW: after I paid the deposit they sent me a paid invoice-which still did not list the date of rental or what I still owed just to be on the safe side I printed the entire email conversation and the invitation..and the paid invoice. Good Luck!

Edited by pbmsmile

I have my emails including the one that states we are confirmed. If he doesn't have the ATV for us we will find something else to do that's all, no biggie.

pbmsmile,

Appreciate the reply but I'm not making an international call (especially with someone I may not be able to understand anyway) because he doesn't know how to properly deal with his customers or operate his business. He should take care of the customer, not the other way around. I recently cancelled with Sonny Binns in Aruba because he could not give a straight answer to my questions either. There are plenty of other options on these islands.:rolleyes:

I have used both Nathan and Junior Ceide at Karib on previous trips to Gran Turk. Karib's were by far better. The carts were cleaner faster and in much better shape. We are going back in 2 weeks (dec 12 we sail) and I not only booked with him again, but paid 100% up front by credit card. Usually they take 50% and then you pay remaining 50% cash at port. Well worth it.

We used Nathan's had had problems. He got there with our golf cart after we waited an hour. Then we had a flat tire and wasted 2 hours before someone came to fix it. Then no price adjustment. We have not used Karib, but we talked to him while we waited. He seemed very nice and at least he was there when the ship got in.

Not sure about the atvs but golf carts are $100

We used Karib to reserve a 4 person golf cart last January. It was $100 and we didn't have to make any kind of deposit.

When we got there we noticed he had cars also. I asked how much a car was and he said same as the golf cart. Sooooo, we took the 4 door air conditioned car for the same price.

• 3 weeks later...
ATV at Karib was $80 plus we had to put in $6 worth of gas before returning it. And yes, despite the poor communication concerning our reservation, our ATV was there and waiting. Fun ride for sure.

Just wondering how you go about putting the gas back in the golf carts? Do you have to do this before returning it? Or can you just pay them the $6 and have them do it? Are there very many gas stations around (and especially one by the port) where you return it? :confused: