Reliable Barcelona Car Service...Airport to Hotel Transfer

2Canucks

I thought it was 48Euro for up to 4 people but when doing the booking it asks for number of people and then gave 96Euros for two people. Is that a mistake?

I asked online if there was a luggage charge. She said to go further in the booking process to see the extra luggage charge. I couldn't find it. But she didn't correct me that I thought it was 48Euro total, so maybe the booking software isn't correct?

It is €48 for up to 4 people in a standard car. This includes up to 3 bags.

It looks like you may have requested 2 cars instead of 2 people by mistake. Try entering the details again. You should definitely get €48

Edited by English_in_Spain

It is €48 for up to 4 people in a standard car. This includes up to 3 bags.

It looks like you may have requested 2 cars instead of 2 people by mistake. Try entering the details again. You should definitely get €48

Thank you for verifying that it is 48euro total for the car. We will have only two suitcases and a backpack but will also have a CPAP case so I guess there will be an additional charge. But it's good to know the other three bags are included.

Thank you for verifying that it is 48euro total for the car. We will have only two suitcases and a backpack but will also have a CPAP case so I guess there will be an additional charge. But it's good to know the other three bags are included.

The reason for the limit on bags is that is what will fit in a standard car. It is not a case of they charge extra for more bags it is because 4 people with more than 3 bags would need a van sized car.

As there are only 2 of you you should be ok in a standard car. I don't know how big a CPAP case is but maybe that could go in the car.

The reason for the limit on bags is that is what will fit in a standard car. It is not a case of they charge extra for more bags it is because 4 people with more than 3 bags would need a van sized car.

As there are only 2 of you you should be ok in a standard car. I don't know how big a CPAP case is but maybe that could go in the car.

Thank you. The CPAP case could definitely fit in the car, especially since there are only two of us. It is not too big, smaller in length than the 18" backback but a little higher.

In a US taxi it fits in the trunk with the other bags. But I know European cars are usually smaller.

Edited by NMLady

I booked transportation for 2 from and to the airport using Viator. I am treating myself for my birthday. They get very good reviews and I used them to also book my brother's round trip transport in Hawaii. They seem to be everywhere.

Keep in mind that Viator is a broker. They do NOT own their own taxis. Thus, the company they use in Hawaii is a different company from the one thay use in Barcelona. Don't just assume you will get the same great service you received in Hawaii. Do some research first.

Alan

• 2 weeks later...

Well I booked and paid in advance for a transfer from the Barcelona Airport to my Hotel with BCN Travel...for Sept 8, 2015 as stated on my paperwork.

August 10/15 my travel agent received an email that I had missed my pick up as I wasn't at their shuttle pick up point. I ordered a private car. Something is definitely wrong!

Problem ...my booking is for SEPT 8, 2015 ...not AUGUST 8, 2015.

My travel agent has emailed them 2x so far...NO Response...so I'm now wondering if I got ripped off?

Any suggestions?

Pat

If your travel agent sent a booking for 9/8/2015, then in Europe that is the 9th August 2015.

It is the convention to use day then month, not month then day.

A problem I used to have dealing with American companies, knowing whether they were using the US format, or had converted it to UK/European format.

Well I booked and paid in advance for a transfer from the Barcelona Airport to my Hotel with BCN Travel...for Sept 8, 2015 as stated on my paperwork.

August 10/15 my travel agent received an email that I had missed my pick up as I wasn't at their shuttle pick up point. I ordered a private car. Something is definitely wrong!

My travel agent has emailed them 2x so far...NO Response...so I'm now wondering if I got ripped off?

Any suggestions?

Pat

This sounds like the classic mistake made by travel agents in the US and Canada who forget that in Europe we write the date before the month not the other way round so you would have been expected on the 9th day of the 8th month NOT the 8th day of the 9th month.

If this is the case you may be able to claim lost money/make a new booking for the correct date from your travel agent as it is their mistake but they may say that you should have double checked all paperwork yourselves.

If your paperwork is correctly dated it looks as though the error is at the Barcelona end in which case the car company should provide another car on the correct date - preferably an upgrade to make up for your stress.

I really hope that you get a satisfactory outcome.

Edited by campolady

On my booking confirmation it is written as "08 Sept 2015".

I can certainly understand how a mistake can be made if using just numbers. Some people put the month first other people put the day first and as you mentioned Europe is a day ahead due to time zones. Very confusing for sure.

Good advise to check booking dates.

My concern is... my travel agent can't seem to get a reply from BCN Travel for a correction and the assurance that I'll have a car/driver waiting for me when I arrive in Barcelona.

Hopefully BCN Travel will reply soon or I'll just have to chalk it up to live and learn and warn others that they might not be a good choice.

Thank You for your thoughts.

Pat

On my booking confirmation it is written as "08 Sept 2015".

I can certainly understand how a mistake can be made if using just numbers. Some people put the month first other people put the day first and as you mentioned Europe is a day ahead due to time zones. Very confusing for sure.

Good advise to check booking dates.

My concern is... my travel agent can't seem to get a reply from BCN Travel for a correction and the assurance that I'll have a car/driver waiting for me when I arrive in Barcelona.

Hopefully BCN Travel will reply soon or I'll just have to chalk it up to live and learn and warn others that they might not be a good choice.

Thank You for your thoughts.

Pat

Have your travel agent give them a call rather than using email. If your agent has already tried to call with no luck, you may have to get a different taxi company. If BCN Travel winds up charging your credit card, you can always dispute it with the CC company, and they will refund your money.

Alan

. .... If BCN Travel winds up charging your credit card, you can always dispute it with the CC company, and they will refund your money.

Alan

Not necessarily. If BCN has paperwork showing an August date, and has a "no refunds for no shows" policy, the CC company will side with BCN and not refund.

Got a Reply from BCN Travel...finally (4 days!)

They acknowledged "their mistake" due to a glitch in their reservation system. This has been corrected. Car with driver will be there on Sept 8th for me.

I guess we'll see on Sept 8th how this plays out.

BCN Travel has good reviews from past clients so hopefully I'll have no problems.

Pat

Got a Reply from BCN Travel...finally (4 days!)

They acknowledged "their mistake" due to a glitch in their reservation system. This has been corrected. Car with driver will be there on Sept 8th for me.

I guess we'll see on Sept 8th how this plays out.

BCN Travel has good reviews from past clients so hopefully I'll have no problems.

Pat

Great news! Sorry that you had to wait so long for a response - everything is slow here in August!!! Have a wonderful trip.

Edited by campolady

• 2 months later...

I'm back from my 35 day cruise on the Emerald Princess.

I'd like to share my experience with BCN Travel...in Barcelona, Spain. As posted previously there was a mix up in my car service booking. This was corrected...mistake their end...computer glitch they say. Before leaving I reconfirmed with them that my driver would be there to pick me up. I was a little anxious as this was my 1st solo cruise. They replied assuring me not to worry that my driver would be there and easy to find.

NOT so...when I arrived there was NO Driver for me...lots of others got their driver (different companies) but no one for me. I then tried to call their 24/7 emergency help number...tried 3 different times before someone picked up!! Then the gal had to find my reservation, this seemed like it took forever but in the end she found it. She said a driver would be there in 15 minutes...20 minutes later a fellow shows up with my name on a sign. We get to his vehicle...he was a TAXI driver not a private car service driver!! I could have done that on my own! But since I had to pay for this car service in advance I wanted that service to come through for me. In the end I had a nice taxi driver with limited English but he got me to my hotel safely.

I understand others have used BCN Travel with no problems but the above was my experience with this company. I will probably not use them again in the future.

Pat

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to share a recommendation for Juan at Royal Road Barcelona. We used his service in 2011 when it was under the name of Autos Vilar. We just used him again this past week for pick up from the ship to the hotel and to the airport from the hotel. My cousin also ended up booking them to transport to the train station. They were always prompt, the drivers very pleasant and the vehicles were nice. I will use him again for our next trip to Barcelona.

I would like to share a recommendation for Juan at Royal Road Barcelona. We used his service in 2011 when it was under the name of Autos Vilar. We just used him again this past week for pick up from the ship to the hotel and to the airport from the hotel. My cousin also ended up booking them to transport to the train station. They were always prompt, the drivers very pleasant and the vehicles were nice. I will use him again for our next trip to Barcelona.

Any tips on getting their supposedly English-language site (as in when you click the British flag most sites that have that change to the English-language version) to actually display in English? I speak only the most basic Spanish and cannot understand their website as it will not translate.

Any tips on getting their supposedly English-language site (as in when you click the British flag most sites that have that change to the English-language version) to actually display in English? I speak only the most basic Spanish and cannot understand their website as it will not translate.

Just send an email to Juan at info@royalroadbarcelona.com and he will quote you. :)

Just send an email to Juan at info@royalroadbarcelona.com and he will quote you. :)

That's fine for an exact trip but when one would also like a tour between port and hotel but no idea of the kind of Barcelona tour it would be nice to be able to explore the site in English. I even tried changing the es at the end of the site's url to en but still got only Spanish with no way to change to English.

I'll work out a tour with Juan though. I first contacted him last summer, got a prompt reply, a guesstimated charge, and was told to contact him again a month before cruise.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, has anyone contacted Juan with success recently? We used this service last year and it was great, so planning to use again this year. I emailed directly earlier this month but have had no reply at all. It's very unlike the service we had last year so wasn't sure if details had changed or even if they were still in business. As someone else pointed out, the website is close to unusable for a non-Spanish speaker.