Jacksonville parking

angie1818

Although job perks are usually limited to travel and entertainment, this project offered me the ability to scope our next vacation. Sorry my reviews were late for you Gamecocksrule, but I connected with Patrick, the original Sandlot Parking creator. Please send me any and all questions you would like about Jacksonville cruise parking. He was very easy to speak with and has lived in the area for 20 years.

Yes Gamecocksrule, the lot was a mess and hopefully you made it to a car wash before the mess solidified on your car.

Had a good meal with Patrick, the original Sandlot Parking originator so highly spoken about on these message boards. His quick answer was "If you like your car or better yet, what's in your car, why risk it for a $5/day savings? This is only $20-25 total for a potential nasty end to your cruise vacation". He has an analysis on sandlotparking.net for some details around where to park.

Hlauburn has hit the nail on the head. According to Patrick the water is a real concern. He said if it happens to rain hard, or for more then 2 days light, the lot becomes a mud pit and entry and exit lanes have no support. Cars have had to be towed and yes, they will be a mess due to spinning wheels. Even all wheel drives have trouble due to the deep mud that is created during these times. However, he said if it is bad rain and real high tides, the entire lot gets flooded leaving the ants, and the lot has many, to find high ground to escape the water. Yes your car, and inside of it are the easy path for them. If your car is even slightly dirty or has any food item left inside, the ants new home is in your auto.

He and his wife are taking a cruise in April on the new Carnival ship coming to Jacksonville, and NO they will not park on any lot operated by Jetway, the Parking Mall or any name they choose to hide behind in the future.

Hope this helps. Still looking forward to our upcoming cruise. By the way, we ate at a place called Cantina Louise in Atlantic beach, and it was an excellent value for some real good Mexican food.

Thanks Richvacruise2. Patrick is very correct. We did not notice at first, but after we cleaned the outside of our car and drove home, roughly 4 hours total Trans time, the car was parked and as we unloaded it, ants began appearing from everywhere. They seem to have come up through the engine area, with many making their way into our center console and seat cracks. Our car WAS very clean, after leaving it at the Parking Mall the outside was filthy, but the inside was still very clean. The ants were just looking for dry ground. Never again.

• 2 weeks later...

The Facts:

1. The lot is fully secured

2. 24 hr security lives on the property (Richard is his name "Say High" great person"

3. Property is lighted

4. Property has never had one break or any criminal issue (check with Jacksonville Police)

5. Make a reservation on Line it is $7 per day

6. Drive up $10 per day

You do the math on savings!!!Huge

7. Free Shuttle!!!

So here it is don't always believe what you read or the fact it comes from an old friend that has other issues.

Regards

Legal

GTO-girl,

I believe the Sandlot company is going through changes to avoid the many negative threads associated with the location although company name changes are occurring quite frequently.

The individual you spoke about appears to be back and using a user name and signing the threads with "Legal"

Just an FYI.

Although I am back in Richmond, the "LEGAL#######" post is interesting.

The site did have a trailer on it the entire time I was working at the Port. A garden hose appeared to be fitted from a well to the water system of the trailer. This would have to be unfiltered, contaminated water. No facilities, septic tank or other plumbing was evident...what in the world is happening to the natural biological proofs of life...need I say more.

Again, sorry, its the engineer in me.

• 2 weeks later...

We made the mistake of parking at this lot, name does appear to change frequently. This message board stream is very accurate and detailed about what to expect. We got back this morning and it did seem to have been raining for days or very heavy for a few hours. The lot was a mess and yes our car suffered. However, the much bigger issue was the mosquitos, they were every where and it's only February. The lot is right next to stagnant water and marsh type vegetation. We live in Florida and are well aware of the bug issues due to our climate. But, this is a serious breeding ground. We rushed to our car and we're still bitten several times a piece. With all the talk of the Zika Virus, I will certainly stick with the paved port parking whenever cruising out of Jacksonville. Yes, we saved $25 in total but paid for it in many other nasty ways.

We do not live in Florida, but do recognize Mosquittos in February as a Florida issue not an Ohio issue - We have snow. However, when we cruised out of Jacksonville last June, Sandlot Parking was mosquitto ridden. They were everywhere and in swarms. Not just 1 or 2, but hundreds if not thousands. The attendant, Patrick had several cans of spray for our use. With this new virus, I would not risk it. The port has no natural environment for them to live in or around.

• 1 month later...

We had a great time on the cruise a couple weeks ago. However, after doing to trip research while working in Jacksonville, we made the right decision - PARK at the PORT. First night on the ship, as we enjoyed our first Libation, we enjoyed overhearing a couple at the table next to us, discuss/Argue the decision to park at the Parking Mall. The young lady said, "hope your proud to save $25 and put us through that mess".

By the way, they did appear to settle on the name Parking Mall, but make no mistake, it is operated by Jetway and the reviews on YELP are all very negative on Cruise Parking.

Hope this helps. We plan to sail again in early 2017.

• 3 weeks later...

:eek: It's hard to make out every word but I think I read something about significant violations. So, I guess they're no longer accepting cruise parkers?

[attach]381632[/attach]

Appears the name change game for this site has caught up to them.

:eek: It's hard to make out every word but I think I read something about significant violations. So, I guess they're no longer accepting cruise parkers?

They were still spamming the Carnival site forum a couple of days ago. :rolleyes:

If I understand this violation correctly, the City of Jacksonville is holding a hearing to attempt to rectify "several violations". This might be why all the name changes in an effort to avoid fines. The main concern for me would be what happens when the City gets tired of playing these games. I do know they can put their own lock on the lot and impound YOUR autos until everything is in compliance. Just not worth risking my auto to save 20-25 dollars. That would put a serious bad taste to end a wonderful vacation.

Floridacruiserbuck is correct. The Jacksonville Port is owned and operated by the City of Jacksonville. This lot is a competitor to revenue generation for the City. Although a very poor competitor, the City will do everything in its power to ensure they at a minimum work within the rules and regulations of the City. I called into the city and discussed the violations with a young lady who jokingly stated the land is not even zoned for "Parking", its zoned for a condominium community, a "Planned Unit Development". a PUD.

Again - when cruising out of Jacksonville...Park at the Port, why risk it.

• 1 month later...

We just returned from a cruise on the Elation, and chose to park at the Airport location called Wally Park. It was great. We were taken directly to the port, no wait and when we returned, the van was waiting for us. We were picked up and dropped off right at our car. Trips to and from the port were a mere 10/12 minutes. Car was detailed while we were away. Saved $30 and car was in a covered, paved lot. Well worth it.

• 4 weeks later...

Well Carnival cruisers, I am back in Jacksonville for another three weeks working at the Port. With the new Elation ship at Port yesterday, went down to see the new vessel. from a distance, you really have to look for the name to see any real changes.

Did stop by "WallyPark". Appears they bought the old "ParkUSA" location on airport road. This location is Very nice. Totally covered and paved parking, with nice clean restrooms. With 6, fifteen passenger buses, 2 dedicated to cruise parking, the wait is non-existent. They pick you up and drop you off at your car and provide luggage assistance for unloading and loading your auto.

The real benefit, is it is located at the first light once you get off I95. Therefore, the trip to the cruise port only took me 9 minutes. This is a very nice alternative for those looking to save money on cruise parking.