Jacksonville parking

angie1818

Has anyone used / heard anything about "sand lot parking"? They are located across from the terminal. They offer a free shuttle to and from the boat. They only charge $7 compared to $15 for the port parking. They claim to be well lit and secure. They take reservations. I am seriously considering using them. Would love to have some first hand info or experience. We sail Oct 29th but I am guessing they fill up quick.

http://sandlotparking.net

I ended up making a reservation with them today after looking at their Facebook page and reading a few scattered reviews in some old CC threads - just searched Jacksonville parking and started reading the more recent ones. They don't have any reviews on Yelp but the owner put up several pictures.

USA Parking. USAPARK.net Free Shuttle to/From airport. Covered Parking $8/day, uncovered $5/day. They have a coupon now for first time customers that gives you parking for $2/day for the first 5 days. No reservations required but you must fill out a form on-line on their site so you can print the coupon.

• 2 weeks later...

I used sandlot parking on the April 25th Fascination sailing. They were a bit unorganized getting us to the ship and back to our car at the end of the trip. They simply didn't have enough shuttle vans to accommodate the number of people they needed to transport. Maybe now they have improved. Despite the issues we had I would still recommend them to save 1/2 the cost of parking at the port.

I used sandlot parking on the April 25th Fascination sailing. They were a bit unorganized getting us to the ship and back to our car at the end of the trip. They simply didn't have enough shuttle vans to accommodate the number of people they needed to transport. Maybe now they have improved. Despite the issues we had I would still recommend them to save 1/2 the cost of parking at the port.

We got back today and used them I think hey did a good job r only had to wait about 7 min for the shuttle to take us over. I would deff use them again

• 3 months later...

This was my experience and we used them at the end of October. They got us to the ship just fine. But, there were not enough shuttles to handle the return on the way back. We were practically the last ones to be transported back to our car. I called the number on their web site trying to get someone to tell us when we could expect to be picked up. The person that answered said he outsourced the operation to another company (Jetway?...can't remember but I'm pretty sure the word Jet was in the name) and pretty much said there was nothing he could do. Then why the heck is your number on the website:confused:? They seemed to have more shuttles for the people who had parked at their lot near the airport than they did for the people who had parked near the cruise terminal. I would not use them again.

The person that answered said he outsourced the operation to another company (Jetway?...can't remember but I'm pretty sure the word Jet was in the name) and pretty much said there was nothing he could do.

Yep, Jetway. The parking lot that was Sandlot seems to be called "The Parking Mall". While the domain for the mall is in use by Jetway, Jetway's own website seems to be the only one so far that you can make a reservation at and they are now charging $8-$9 a day.

• 2 weeks later...

In June we sailed out of Jacksonville and used, Sandlot - service & cost were perfect. At $7/day and no wait either way we were more then satisfied. Two weeks ago, we arrived and noticed the lot was in disrepair. The already poor fencing was falling down at the rear of the lot, and the front gate was lying flat although still chained. More importantly, we were told by the attendant that the lot was lit up, under lights at night. We arrived back in Jacksonville in the early morn and were enjoying a cup of coffee in anticipation of the morning sunrise. The lot should have been in view, but no lighting was on at all. The lot is pitch black. The road was well lit, but the lot was not. The cost is now $10/day and we had to wait for 25 minutes to get picked up to return to the lot. We will use the Port parking in March 2016 and would not recommend this operation to anyone.

PS..The shuttle vans do seem to have a revolving door name wise, Park EZ, Jetwat, not sure about Parking Mall, but in all cases they are in very poor shape. It was 78 degrees and with 10 passengers and no air conditioning...it was getting ripe.

We drove by yesterday and noticed the "lot" looked pretty run down...there were cars parked in there and the fence was locked, but didn't look too secure. I'm not sure about lighting. My biggest concern is that it is RIGHT on the water - if there was any flooding in the river, your car would be in water.

There used to be a lot across the street in an old parking lot, but I only saw run down looking vans in there yesterday. I don't know why there aren't more parking options in Jax. If you're staying the night before, you might look into a stay n park at the Holiday Inn.

Longhorn cruiser, the Jax Beach area is great for a pre and post night stay. It is only a 15 - 20 minute drive to the port. Several Marriott and a Hampton are on the beach or across the street. The restaurant selection is very nice for all types of food. We usually stay at the Comfort Inn. Very nice rooms, pool and leisure activities.

Buckimion is correct on the other question. Ask yourself; if you were to return home from your cruise and your car was missing, after calling the police, who do you call next? Sandlot, Jetway, Parking Mall, or Park Ez? Shouldn't be that difficult.

Enjoy your cruise and park at the port.

When Sandlot first opened under that name there was a new poster and all he talked about was their new lot, new management, how great it was, etc. etc.

I made the mistake of making the comment to others that it was odd this poster came out of the blue and this was all he was talking about and merely suggested people needed to check things out for themselves.

Well the guy got on here and called me crazy and saying I evidently had "issues" and then proceeded to say all kind of awful things about me. I mean it was terrible!! So much so that I didn't post another comment for weeks because he was following me around on the boards making comments on everything I said.

He was vicious!!

GTO-girl,

I see that most of the comments around "sandlot" are positive and pretty much all the comments around the other names of this lot are negative. We have decided not to risk parking at the Parking Mall as it appears to be a Fly by Night Operation. Your signature suggest you cruise quite frequently, where do you park when cruising out of Jacksonville?

The first time we used VIP Parking near the airport but had to wait forever for their shuttle after the cruise.

So the next three times we parked at the port which we liked so much better! Other ports we use off site parking but in Jacksonville we will only park at the port.

Edited by GTO-Girl

Had an email exchange with a young man named Patrick from Sandlotparking.net. He agrees with GTO-girl and says the Jacksonville Port is not in a very good location. He recommended parking at the port as well, stating you should not have to include worry about your car on your vacation list.

We're booked at the comfort inn at Jacksonville Beach and will park at the port.

Thank all.

I wouldn't say its a "bad area" - just not a lot around there but some industrial buildings. The sandlot sits right off the road, and right near the water, but nothing around it. The port closes the gates right off the main road after the ship leaves and the parking is set back, so I would definitely feel better about parking there.

As for hotels, Jax Beach or Atlantic Beach area would be a good choice. Also St Johns Town Center is a very short drive to the port and there are a ton of nice restaurants and shops there.

Fortunate for me we are scheduled to sail in February and work called me to be in the Jacksonville area for the next several weeks. Went looking for the Port and any parking alternatives based on this message board stream. So, I believe I found what people are referring to as the Sandlot or Parking Mall location. Understand, it had no markings and had no signage up except a Free Shuttle sign and Under Video Surveillance.

It looks like a deserted, poorly kept lot that someone has decided to park cars on during cruise activity. It has no building, a shed that looks as if it is held down via a tarp over it. Poorly secured with what looks like a bicycle lock. It has no working lights although lighting appears to be available outside the gates - just not turned on. Saw no security in anyway. Signs say "Under video surveillance", but highly doubtful as it is extremely dark. The water concerns are true as the back section, poorly gated, is under water. Thankfully I have all wheel drive. Hope this helps. Tonight I am planning to drive to and from the airport locations.

The lot that was Sandlot is now operated by Jetway, although under the name Parking Mall. A frequent cruiser and friend of ours sent us this note from another Florida cruise information site:

Note: We have received several complaints from readers about Sandlot Parking, as well as emails from different people claiming to be the owners, but with different email and website addresses. At this point, we recommend parking at the Jaxport Parking lot.

Simply put, this would not be my priority. Left work, less then 1/2 mile from Cruise Port Gate, at 6.30PM yesterday. Traffic was minimal and it still took me 22 minutes to arrive at the first offsite airport parking facility. With traffic and the vans focused on airport passengers first, I can easily see this being an additional 1 hour minimum and maybe even 2 hours additional, both going and returning home. Sorry, its the engineer in me.

If saving money is the only objective VIP and/or Wally Park are very nice, paved, lighted, gated and the shuttles appear to be either new or very well maintained. Park Ez Fly was not impressive and looked more like an unorganized junk yard. Shuttles and an old school bus were visible and reason enough not to risk my car or me.

Still excited about my upcoming cruise though.

I wish I had seen all these posts before we made the BIG mistake of parking at this site. We just returned from our cruise today and yes, made the mistake to save $25 for for a pathetic parking experience. We returned to what some have said is a "junkyard". That is a nice comment to what we returned too. The lot was slightly muddy, but they had parked cars, and delivery trucks in what appeared to be a fit it anywhere you can mentality. Our car was a mess. Earlier departures must have had trouble navigating the mud pit and it was all over our car. When we asked about the mess, all we received were deer in the headlight looks and "I don't know" answers. Please respect your vehicles and avoid this site, whether it's called Sandlot, Jetway or Parking Mall. It's Not worth the aggravation we returned to.

Edited by Gamecocksrule