Nassau Dolphin Swim

BPC1976

We were in Nassau on January 18 and we went to Balmoral Island through Carnival. It was actually $80 cheaper once we got on board so make sure you look at that.

We loved it. I was worried that it wouldn't be good because of the reviews I had seen. Of course I am sure Blue Lagoon would have been better just because it looks amazing. Prices at Balmoral Island were high. A chicken tender basket and fries was $15. It was enough for my 9 year old twins to share and have enough to eat though. A 20 oz coke was $5. The picture disc was $75 but they give you tons of pictures.

We had a group of 8 that went and they took us all together. When you arrive, you sign a waiver. Then you go and put on life jackets in the building. They aren't in the best shape at all and most are torn. After the do's and don'ts lesson they lead you out to a lagoon type area and there are 4 or 5 dolphins in there between the groups. Our dolphin was Margarita and our "guide" was Bryan. They were great and we really enjoyed it. The water was FREEZING though. The kids had a great time at the beach and found some shells and saw some fish. If I can figure out how to post pictures I will.

I really think it is what you make of it. It isn't 5 stars or anything but based on what we paid for the excursion, I was happy with it.

• 5 months later...

We did the sea lion excursion at Blue Lagoon just last week and while there were a few hiccups (they made us wait nearly an hour past our scheduled time while four passengers arrived from another ship), I'd still highly recommend it. The resort is lovely and the lagoon is perfect for children and non-swimmers- it's a man-made cove so it's one depth, very shallow, no waves at all. There is another side to the island that's a bit less tame for snorkelling as well.

We saw several dolphin encounters while we were waiting for our sea lion encounter to begin and everyone wore life vests. The water was about mid-chest for an average sized adult. A non-swimmer would be fine.

Hope that's helpful!

Can you tell me how deep the water was? My grandmother would like to interact with the dolphins but she doesn't swim.

Thanks

Blue Lagoon was two dolphin options - the dolphin swim and the dolphin encounter. For the dolphin encounter, you're sitting or kneeling on a platform and the water is only waist deep. No swimming required.

Have fun!

• 1 month later...
We were in Nassau on January 18 and we went to Balmoral Island through Carnival. It was actually $80 cheaper once we got on board so make sure you look at that.

We loved it. I was worried that it wouldn't be good because of the reviews I had seen. Of course I am sure Blue Lagoon would have been better just because it looks amazing. Prices at Balmoral Island were high. A chicken tender basket and fries was $15. It was enough for my 9 year old twins to share and have enough to eat though. A 20 oz coke was $5. The picture disc was $75 but they give you tons of pictures.

We had a group of 8 that went and they took us all together. When you arrive, you sign a waiver. Then you go and put on life jackets in the building. They aren't in the best shape at all and most are torn. After the do's and don'ts lesson they lead you out to a lagoon type area and there are 4 or 5 dolphins in there between the groups. Our dolphin was Margarita and our "guide" was Bryan. They were great and we really enjoyed it. The water was FREEZING though. The kids had a great time at the beach and found some shells and saw some fish. If I can figure out how to post pictures I will.

I really think it is what you make of it. It isn't 5 stars or anything but based on what we paid for the excursion, I was happy with it.

mommytotwins, are there lockers or other means to keep your stuff safe while in the water. There is only two of us and I am concerned about leaving phone Etc. while in water.

mommytotwins, are there lockers or other means to keep your stuff safe while in the water. There is only two of us and I am concerned about leaving phone Etc. while in water.

No to the lockers... They are more like cubbies. So no lock or door. I just stuffed everything down in the very bottom of our bag and hoped for the best. I wasn't concerned though. There is no one in the building after you leave and an attendant stands at the door.

No to the lockers... They are more like cubbies. So no lock or door. I just stuffed everything down in the very bottom of our bag and hoped for the best. I wasn't concerned though. There is no one in the building after you leave and an attendant stands at the door.

Thanks for the info, mommytotwins, makes me feel a little better hearing that.