Anyone stay at the Atlantic?

micmacmissy

Usually stay at Hyatt Pier 66 pre-cruise, although their rates have skyrocketed! Planning ahead for spring break 2017.

Anyone have an experience at the Atlantic hotel? Are there lots of restaurants within walking distance? Looking for a 2-night stay prior to the cruise.

Thanks!

We stayed at the Atlantic a few years ago. We also usually stay at the Hyatt. The Atlantic was a much nicer hotel. I believe it was built as a condo hotel, so the rooms are large and have a kitchenette area (if you get the "standard" room). Lots of restaurants nearby. The downside is that it's at the north end of the row of hotels, so getting a taxi to the port was actually somewhat difficult - I think they were mostly flagged down by the other hotels before they made it that far north.

Keep in mind that the Hyatt is for sale (hotel is owned by an investment company and managed under license with the Hyatt name), and its agreement with Hyatt expires in August. So it may or may not be a Hyatt next year, and it may or may not be nicer. We stayed at the Hyatt in December. It's still a nice property, but it's clear they're not investing in upkeep during the transition.

We stayed at the Atlantic a few years ago. We also usually stay at the Hyatt. The Atlantic was a much nicer hotel. I believe it was built as a condo hotel, so the rooms are large and have a kitchenette area (if you get the "standard" room). Lots of restaurants nearby. The downside is that it's at the north end of the row of hotels, so getting a taxi to the port was actually somewhat difficult - I think they were mostly flagged down by the other hotels before they made it that far north.

No need to flag down a cab, just call 954-777-7777 the night before for a reservation or use Uber.

I have shown multiple units in the Atlantic and the rooms are magnificent and the pool looks out over the ocean. Nice balconies but they obstruct the views from the rooms a little.

The concierge should have no problems getting you a cab.

You are a little walk from restaurants but wallking down the beach is gorgeous!

...Are there lots of restaurants within walking distance? Looking for a 2-night stay prior to the cruise.

Thanks!

It depends on what you mean by walking distance and on what you look for in a restaurant. I like Beauty and the Feast in the Atlantic. Lunch at the pool bar is so so. The Deck is next door and is inexpensive and outdoors...they serve breakfast too. A few blocks north is an area with a few restaurants, but nothing great except for the pizza joint Primante's. Several blocks south there is S3 at the Hilton (moderate to expensive), Steak 954 in the W (very expensive), and another steak house in the Westin (expensive). About a mile south is the brand new Burlock Coast in the Ritz Carlton...it's moderate to expensive and it's pretty cool and casual. There are mostly a bunch of tourist traps past there.