SPB Journey or Alla Tours?

In case you don't find anyone who has done both tours (which, frankly, would surprise me if you do), I can say that the Grand Tour we did last summer with Alla was excellent. The schedule went exactly as they promised and we saw everything they said we would see on those two days. (And the box lunch on Day One and the sit-down lunch on Day Two were both really good!)

Broadly the same as GradUT's response.

We too used Alla, & were well-pleased.

But all the operators in St Pete's have excellent reputations. Almost everyone rates the one they used as the best but comparatively few have been there twice & hardly anyone has used a second operator.

If you use anyone other than SPB Journey you'll be one of the few who can actually make comparisons. :)

SPB Journey is a name I've not heard before but your experience with them mirrors pretty-well everyone else's experience with the others.

One of the few places in the world where you can blindfold yourself & put a pin in a list of names, and come up trumps every time. :)

JB :)

Edited by John Bull

I, too, have toured with Alla Tours and have had excellent experiences on all of my tours with her. Although I have visited Russia multiple times, I have only toured with Alla so I have no point of comparison among/between the other major companies in St. Petersburg. The standard tours offered by most of the independent operators are very much the same - for me, it was the personal touch offered by Alla (the owner) that "sold' me.

Edited by dogs4fun

• 2 weeks later...

We just returned from our 25 day Transatlantic & Baltic cruise. We used Alla Tours for 3 ports. The two days in St. Petersburg were great with them. We had a van that seated 14. We used whisper sets. We did everything on the itinerary although not in the order sent out prior to the trip. Because we used them for 3 port excursion we got a discounted price. Check out their website. It was easy to communicate with them.

We just returned from our 25 day Transatlantic & Baltic cruise. We used Alla Tours for 3 ports. The two days in St. Petersburg were great with them. We had a van that seated 14. We used whisper sets. We did everything on the itinerary although not in the order sent out prior to the trip. Because we used them for 3 port excursion we got a discounted price. Check out their website. It was easy to communicate with them.

Good to hear! We're still researching for our 2017 cruise -What other Baltic ports did you use them for?

TIA