best things to do/excursions in santorini ?

lilm201

we will be going on jewel of seas next month and our first stop will be santorini

what is the best things to do/excursions/tours in santorini

i want to go to OIA

we booked with vacation outlet and their excursions arnt that great and are expensive

one i was looking at goes to oia for the full day on a tour but also goes on a wine tour which i do not want to do, really want to see the sunset but idk if that will be to late to get back to our ship in time which leaves at 10pm

so any help would be appreciated, thanks

we will be going on jewel of seas next month and our first stop will be santorini

i want to go to OIA

we booked with vacation outlet and their excursions arnt that great and are expensive

one i was looking at goes to oia for the full day on a tour but also goes on a wine tour which i do not want to do, really want to see the sunset but idk if that will be to late to get back to our ship in time which leaves at 10pm

Take the local bus to Oia, very easy to get there. People in a shop will tell you how to get to the bus station. Go left out of Cable Car to first street Turn right it is a couple of blocks and then turn left and go maybe two blocks and you are there. Short streets. Coming back allow plenty of time to get back in case a bus is full, and you have to wait and get the next bus. We did that one year and enjoyed our bus ride, it is very reasonable. You can ask at any shop and they will tell you the exact turns to get to the bus station, it is not far and it is easy to find.

i want to go to OIA

I am thinking that you definitely don't want to be there for sunset, might miss your sailing of your ship.

"Best" is what interests you, and fits in your budget and limitations. Not what we tell you it is.

That being said, going to Oia is a great idea. There are MANY threads on how to get there- ferry, bus, taxi, even walking. Just takes a little research.

Edited by CruiserBruce

"Best" is what interests you, and fits in your budget and limitations. Not what we tell you it is.

That being said, going to Oia is a great idea. There are MANY threads on how to get there- ferry, bus, taxi, even walking. Just takes a little research.

I don't really know what there is to do there besides admire the sites and take photos. Usually there's rankings on excursions and im just trying to get a feel of what other people have done there

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Well I am about to enjoy a third visit to Santorini and will have more to do on a future visit. First visit we spent the day in Oia ( 15 years ago when it was a sleepy little village). Second visit two years ago we did the beautiful hike from Fira to Oia, had a terrific lunch of local dishes then headed back. This time I have hired a private tour guide for the day to take us to visit the best wineries on the island and teach us about their unique vinticluture . Next visit we will either take private tour to an island on the other side of the caldera and go for a hike or visit Akrokiri.

I don't really know what there is to do there besides admire the sites and take photos. Usually there's rankings on excursions and im just trying to get a feel of what other people have done there

Yes, Santorini is one of the most beautiful places on earth. Just wondering around is perfectly acceptable. But "best" is a totally subjective personal opinion, and if you asked 10 people, you would likely get 20 different answers. Have you looked around this board?

I spent our visit just wandering around Fira/Thira, admiring the beautiful designs on the streets and walkways, visiting with warm and friendly shopkeepers, enjoying a band of street musicians while I tried the local gelato. Though I took pictures, it is fascinating to walk through the town which literally clings to the side of a cliff. I even found a charming shop where the proprietor sold hand made items. Some by her family and friends, some on consignment for other artistans. And this was in the rain, so I can only imagine how spectacular it would be to visit on a sunny day.

Yes, Santorini is one of the most beautiful places on earth. Just wondering around is perfectly acceptable. But "best" is a totally subjective personal opinion, and if you asked 10 people, you would likely get 20 different answers. Have you looked around this board?

I have not looked around yet

i did look at some posts on here and still, dont know wat to do in lol been trying to look up more tours but all the ones im looking at are so expensive because they charge by how many people are in your group