Fod Tour in San Juan

pajazz28

• 2 weeks later...
Can someone recommend a food tour?

Two weeks ago we did the Flavors of San Juan walking food tour and had a great time!!!! The tour was a little pricey but afterwards, our group of four really thought it was worth it. It included a lot of food and was very informative about the history of San Juan (it's held in Old San Juan). Our guide was Juan who is going for his Master's degree in history and he was fantastic (as well as being easy on the eyes-LOL). You can read the reviews on Tripadvisor...it really was a great tour.

Diane

• 1 month later...

We also did the Flavors of Old San Juan tour in Feb. - it was great! But don't eat breakfast before you go - we expected more of a "tasting" - it was a lot of food (and a Pina Colada) & it was all great, plus history & sightseeing.

Char

We did Flavors of San Juan walking food tour and loved it. Fantastic tour and guide, Juan Jose. (Handsome guy). I went with my 4 children ages 10, 12, 14 and 15. We all said it was one of the best excursions we've been on. Highly recommend. We met Juan at the pier at 9:15 and the tour finished about noon. We went to 3 different restaurants in Old San Juan. Each restaurant was ready for us when we arrived, the table was set and water was already poured. It was a very hot day. They restaurants were all very accommodating and provided great service. The food was all very good. We would do this tour again. But next time we won't eat breakfast before we go.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did Flavors of San Juan walking food tour and loved it. Fantastic tour and guide, Juan Jose. (Handsome guy). I went with my 4 children ages 10, 12, 14 and 15. We all said it was one of the best excursions we've been on. Highly recommend. We met Juan at the pier at 9:15 and the tour finished about noon. We went to 3 different restaurants in Old San Juan. Each restaurant was ready for us when we arrived, the table was set and water was already poured. It was a very hot day. They restaurants were all very accommodating and provided great service. The food was all very good. We would do this tour again. But next time we won't eat breakfast before we go.

What restaurants and what food did you have ?

Thank you for the review and tip. I have never been to San Juan and this tour sounds awesome! Will be there in July!

We did the Flavors tour last week and it was definitely a highlight! It was a great mix of food tastings and history. We covered a lot of ground walking and saw several local sights. Even my teen thought it was great.

We also had a short time in San Juan - 7am-2pm. We ran off the ship and did a Segway tour from 7:30-noon, then met up with the Flavors tour guide on the dock. We arrived back at the dock around 1:15. We booked through the cruise line, so were not worried about meeting the ship in time. In fact, there was a member of the ship's Shore Excursions team on the tour with us, evaluating the excursion.

• 2 weeks later...
We did the Flavors tour last week and it was definitely a highlight! It was a great mix of food tastings and history. We covered a lot of ground walking and saw several local sights. Even my teen thought it was great.

We also had a short time in San Juan - 7am-2pm. We ran off the ship and did a Segway tour from 7:30-noon, then met up with the Flavors tour guide on the dock. We arrived back at the dock around 1:15. We booked through the cruise line, so were not worried about meeting the ship in time. In fact, there was a member of the ship's Shore Excursions team on the tour with us, evaluating the excursion.

So the tour was only about an hour?