Starbucks Mugs

PumpkinPatches

Hey all!

I am a collector of those Starbucks city mugs. I'm sure there are a few of you fellow collectors on this board as well.

I will be sailing the Eastern Med on the Constellation next month. Just wondering if any fellow Starbucks mug collectors can tell me if there is a Starbucks close to the port where I can purchase a city mug.

Here are the ports I am visiting:

Civitavecchia (Rome)

Naples

Athens

Santorini

Mykonos

Crete

Rhodes

Kusadasi

Malta

Venice

DW collects and buy those mugs as gifts for our kids. They are expensive in North America but even more costly in Europe. I think it ended up costing over $25cdn in France and almost $30cdn in Monte Carlo. I've tried to convince DW to buy the "country" mug instead of the "city" mug where ever possible. They take up too much luggage space and weight. (when you have 6 of them, LOL!)

We've been to a couple of the cities on your list and did not see any Starbucks or DW would of bought a mug. Italy, Greece, & Turkey are countries that celebrate their local coffee culture so Starbucks may be hesitant to expand there. The European chain of choice seems to be Illy and local cafes.

Civitavecchia (Rome) (The usual tourist sites: Trevi, Forum, St. Peters)

Naples (We walked around Old Town & been to Pompeii)

Athens (Acropolis area and Plaka)

Malta (Went to DT Valletta 8 years ago, may of got a Starbucks since)

Edited by lamchops

Of the ports you mentioned (and I've been to all except for Crete and Rhodes), the only one I can think of is near Monastiraki in Athens:

http://www.starbucks.com/store/20080/gr/monastiraki/80-mitropoleos-st-aiolou-athens-a1-10556

It's not near Piraeus, but if you are heading into Athens (especially, if you are heading in using the light rail from Piraeus), it is within walking distance to a metro station (which I think is named Monastiraki?). It's a little farther, but you could walk to it from Syntagma Square (where the Public Bus from Piraeus drops you off) ... My wife and I walked by it last October.

Edited by leongcpa

The only Starbucks I've seen in Europe was in Barcelona. However they will be opening their first store in Italy next year in Milan according to a press release a month ago.

I have a collection of these cups myself from around Japan

• 3 months later...

I am currently drinking out of my Turkey mug. There is a Starbucks in the port area of Kudasesi so you won't have to look too hard. Several in Istanbul too so despite their love of their coffee culture they like a taste of the U.S. as well.

Never saw a Starbucks in any of the Italian and Greece port cities we visited or I would have bought one.

Of the ports you mentioned (and I've been to all except for Crete and Rhodes), the only one I can think of is near Monastiraki in Athens:

http://www.starbucks.com/store/20080/gr/monastiraki/80-mitropoleos-st-aiolou-athens-a1-10556

It's not near Piraeus, but if you are heading into Athens (especially, if you are heading in using the light rail from Piraeus), it is within walking distance to a metro station (which I think is named Monastiraki?). It's a little farther, but you could walk to it from Syntagma Square (where the Public Bus from Piraeus drops you off) ... My wife and I walked by it last October.

We missed this one last time- might have to go there just for our mug.