What side on train/bus Skagway

Heather1972

We have just returned from Alaska. Definitely sit on the left hand side of the train. Enjoy!

Wrong information. The OP is taking the train TO SKAGWAY, (getting on in Fraser) They need to sit on the RIGHT side.

So let me see if I get this right. If you are doing a RT on the train, then it doesn't matter what side you sit on?????? Unless you can move, then it would be left side on the way away from Skagway and on the right side coming back?

Pooh

It's not round trip on the train. It is bus then train OR train then bus. It does matter, because I want the best view for a once in a lifetime experience. :rolleyes:

So let me see if I get this right. If you are doing a RT on the train, then it doesn't matter what side you sit on?????? Unless you can move, then it would be left side on the way away from Skagway and on the right side coming back?

Pooh

A round trip, summit train, has the commentary, mostly on the way up, which will be the segment from Skagway, so the left side will match up with the commentary. At the summit, they have you switch sides. IF you can sit across from the bathroom, then nobody to switch with. :) You can NOT move from seating in your car to another, so if a full car, you will be switching (unless the other party doesn't want to?)