Transport FROM Port Canaveral TO Sanford airtport

EBFURR

Hello all, we are doing a short 4 day Majesty cruise from Port Canaveral next month - just two of us. We are flying into MCO and getting a rental car pre-cruise but have not arranged post cruise yet. We are trying Allegient for the return trip since it is cheap and lands almost in our back yard :) We need to get from the port back over to Sanford airport for an 11:50 AM flight and are finding the options much more limited than MCO (makes sense). I have looked at limos and car rentals and both run in the $110 plus range which is a lot compared to the MCO shuttles. Wondering if anyone else has experience with this and can recommend options? Are there any scheduled shuttles to Sanford? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Farther away then MCO and fewer customers means you are likely to pay more.

With an 11:50 flight you do not have time to mess around with a rental car -- in addition to those suggested above I would check with CorTrans, TraveLynx and maybe even Uber.

Your transportation options are limited and could be expensive. If you have a price for your flight and transportation thats a substantial savings then flying out of MCO, go for it. 11:50 could be a little tight on time. I never trust I-95, the slighest accident could cause you a long delay. Sanford/Orlando is about an hour drive from Port Canaveal.Have flown in and out many times. The positive is that you will go through your flight check in and TSA scanning quickly. The airport is small and has only a few flights a day. If you are in your transportation and on the road by 9:00am you should make it.

Thanks all, I am checking out the suggestions. We have cruised out of Port Canaveral many times and know the routine. We just have not used Sanford, but have flown out of St. Augustine before. At that time we had a larger party so I rented a van. I am not concerned about the flight time as we have made earlier flights with ease. We usually walk off our bags, especially on such a short cruise so we have no luggage wait to deal with. If we have no other options I suppose we could get a town car for the $110 - $120 cost but that just seems high even though Sanford is a bit farther up. Yes, the airfare is a substantial savings, so there will be a net savings either way. I take it as a personal challenge to save as much as possible on transportation in order to have more to spend on the actual cruise. Actually, I tend to enjoy the planning phase. I will post back with my best results for any others who may be considering this route.

• 5 weeks later...

As a follow up, we have booked with Travel Sanford Airport which offers a $30 pp each way service. I really do not know much about these folks but we are going to see what happens. I will post the results after our cruise next week.

OP: I looked into this recently and posted some information on this thread that you may find useful.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2390819

I'm also interested in hearing about your experience with that shuttle! It is apparently the most affordable shuttle from Cape Canaveral to Sanford. Currently, I'm going with a one way rental, but would consider switching to a shuttle if I felt there was one that is reasonable and reliable.

Edited by oceanseagle12

• 2 weeks later...
OP: I looked into this recently and posted some information on this thread that you may find useful.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2390819

I'm also interested in hearing about your experience with that shuttle! It is apparently the most affordable shuttle from Cape Canaveral to Sanford. Currently, I'm going with a one way rental, but would consider switching to a shuttle if I felt there was one that is reasonable and reliable.

Okay, we just got back. You are correct in that these clowns go under several different names. Bottom line: Avoid at all costs They jerked us around for almost 2 hours until I finally go another shuttle at a much higher cost to get to the Sanford airport in order to make our flight. Luckily the flight was delayed for an hour due to weather. I can provide the gory details later, but suffice to say that these guys are hustlers and are known around the port as such. Now to try to get a credit on my Visa card for the money I paid in advance.

Okay, we just got back. You are correct in that these clowns go under several different names. Bottom line: Avoid at all costs They jerked us around for almost 2 hours until I finally go another shuttle at a much higher cost to get to the Sanford airport in order to make our flight. Luckily the flight was delayed for an hour due to weather. I can provide the gory details later, but suffice to say that these guys are hustlers and are known around the port as such. Now to try to get a credit on my Visa card for the money I paid in advance.

I'm sorry you experienced that- glad you were able to get something else worked out and didn't miss your flight. Thanks for letting us know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk