Recent changes in Nassau

Bluemoon319

Nassau has always been my least favorite port by far. However, I've heard that there have been some nice changes over the past couple of years there. I am very happy to hear this since I will be heading there in a couple of months. I would love to hear from people who have been there within the past couple of years as well as earlier what some of the changes have been. Thanks so much in advance. :)

I am interested in knowing this, too because I have not read this. We haven't been there since 2014.

I wonder if it is any safer?

That's when I was there last too. I was told that the port has changed. The vendors are no longer in that building you used to have to walk at the end of the pier, some of the streets in the downtown area have been repaved, a new Margaritaville as well as some new hotels, the beach area around Junkanoo has been cleaned up......

I'm hoping someone here can give a comparison and give insite on some of the specific changes.

There is a new Margaritaville. It's on Paradise Island next to the ferry terminal. There's also a fairly new rum distillery (John Watlings) that opened a couple of years ago.

I don't know of any new hotels except the Baha Mar, which is not finished and may never open.

They were remodeling Festival Place, the cruise terminal, the last time I was there and the vendors had moved into little booths outside. I'm not sure if the remodel is finished yet but I imagine the vendors will move back inside once it's done. Hopefully someone who has been to Nassau recently will know the status.

There is a new Margaritaville. It's on Paradise Island next to the ferry terminal. There's also a fairly new rum distillery (John Watlings) that opened a couple of years ago.

I don't know of any new hotels except the Baha Mar, which is not finished and may never open.

They were remodeling Festival Place, the cruise terminal, the last time I was there and the vendors had moved into little booths outside. I'm not sure if the remodel is finished yet but I imagine the vendors will move back inside once it's done. Hopefully someone who has been to Nassau recently will know the status.

I went to John Watlings a few years ago & had a pleasant time there. We had an interesting convo with the owner.

I'm not usually a fan of Margaritavilles, but the one in Grand Turk has an amazing pool. I usually stop by there for a swim before reboarding whenever I'm in GT.

I'm not usually a fan of Margaritavilles, but the one in Grand Turk has an amazing pool. I usually stop by there for a swim before reboarding whenever I'm in GT.

The one on Paradise Island has a small pool. We had lunch there after an excursion at Blue Lagoon and the burgers were really good, but I don't think I'd go there unless I was already in the area.

I too have not been there since 2012.

I have a few questions, if I may add them to your thread...

1. When I visited Atlantis in 2012, they had the whole property on lockdown. You could not even walk into the lobby without being a guest. Is this still the case? Is it possible to see any of the pools/aquarium features without paying money?

2. Is there still a water taxi that will take you to paradise island? Where is is located and how much does it cost?