What Is Your Favorite Hotel At Port Canaveral?

WeWant2BCruzin

Country Inn/Suites is within walking distance (0.9 miles) of The Cove Restaurants at the Port and cruise terminal 1, but walking after dark is discouraged. Perfectly safe during the day and wheel-chair/stroller friendly. Some cruisers walk to the Port in the late afternoon then take an Uber back. The path is marked in green below.

WalkToPort.jpg

Four very good restaurants are about 0.5 miles from the hotel – safe and easy walking. Preacher Bar is an interesting concept – classy yet eccentric with a different kind of menu! Kelsey’s serves popular Italian food. Zachary’s is Greek with a home-style menu. Thai Thai (you have to cross busy A1A) has the best Thai food in the area. There are also McDonalds (MD), Burger King (BK) and Subway (SW) nearby. The Florida Beer Company is THE brewery in the area with tours and a wide selection of beer on tap. Racetrac sells affordable gas/diesel as well as wine, beer and fast food.

neighbor-map.jpg

Wow. A wealth of information. Thank you both sooo much.

Very welcome! Keep in mind...Grills is at the the end of Flounder St where it turns into Glenn Cheek Dr....just look for cruise terminal one. If you are on the patio of Grill's you would be sitting looking at the Royal Caribbean cruise terminal to east of the patio....and I mean right next to!

We stayed at the Radisson last fall. Its OK. Nothing spectacular although the pool area is nice.

We Ubered to the port. I'll probably use Uber from now on in any city that has it. The cost was minimal and the wait was pretty much non-existent. We also used Uber for a trip to Publix, very cost effective.

Country Inn/Suites is within walking distance (0.9 miles) of The Cove Restaurants at the Port and cruise terminal 1, but walking after dark is discouraged. Perfectly safe during the day and wheel-chair/stroller friendly. Some cruisers walk to the Port in the late afternoon then take an Uber back. The path is marked in green below.

WalkToPort.jpg

Four very good restaurants are about 0.5 miles from the hotel – safe and easy walking. Preacher Bar is an interesting concept – classy yet eccentric with a different kind of menu! Kelsey’s serves popular Italian food. Zachary’s is Greek with a home-style menu. Thai Thai (you have to cross busy A1A) has the best Thai food in the area. There are also McDonalds (MD), Burger King (BK) and Subway (SW) nearby. The Florida Beer Company is THE brewery in the area with tours and a wide selection of beer on tap. Racetrac sells affordable gas/diesel as well as wine, beer and fast food.

neighbor-map.jpg

You don't have Fairvilla labeled. :eek::D;)

You don't have Fairvilla labeled. :eek::D;)

John,

Or anyone else. I just started a thread in this forum FISHLIPS VS GRILLS. Disregarding the food, I want to get a few good pictures of people on the back decks on Freedom. I figure especially you John might have an opinion. A 300mm lens on My Canon will be the longest I have.

Hello wise ones! I am thinking of staying near the port for a couple of nights after my cruise just to extend my holiday in the sunshine before heading back to chilly Scotland. I'm wondering what hotel would be best - would like a nice pool area to hang around and be within walking distance to any shops/restaurants. I'm a woman travelling on her own so want to feel comfortable doing that. Thought the Radisson resort pool area looks nice from the photo and the Hampton is getting good reviews here. Thanks for any advice.

Stayed in most all of the hotels in PC, horror stories could be told :eek:. The newest , Homewood Suites is by far the best in the area.

I agree. We stayed at the Homewood Suites on their first night. It was a fantastic stay! The head of the construction company happened to be eating breakfast while we were and he came over to talk to us because he was a fan of the sports team on the shirt my husband was wearing. We started asking questions about the hotel. It was really interesting. The staff was great even though this was their first night. It was really cool staying in a completely new room that no one had ever stayed in before.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We will be porting out of PC in April but probably spend several days in FL prior to our cruise going to Universal etc. Normally we try to stay in Hampton hotels because they are consistently nice hotels and a good breakfast no matter where we go. Is the Hampton in PC on the beach? Would be great to have a hotel with beach access.

Doesn't matter if they offer a park and cruise option, we always park at port.