Ravenna: Comaccio or mosaics?

poss

Last summer we took ship shuttle to Ravenna and from TI got a map of important sites to see with directions to walk it on your own. We really enjoyed the city walk, lunch later, & saving money for other ports.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Much appreciate the responses. But still wondering what Comaccio is like. Descriptions say that it's like a little Venice. Obviously, only Venice is Venice-- but what are Comaccio's charms? I was curious because it's one of the included excursions that our ship offers (along with mosaics of course). I.e. is Comaccio worth a visit if one can fit it in? Or simply stay with Ravenna?

Much appreciate the responses. But still wondering what Comaccio is like. Descriptions say that it's like a little Venice. Obviously, only Venice is Venice-- but what are Comaccio's charms? I was curious because it's one of the included excursions that our ship offers (along with mosaics of course). I.e. is Comaccio worth a visit if one can fit it in? Or simply stay with Ravenna?

It's cute and small. Google it and you should find pictures. As with many other towns in the area, there are a few canals "like Venice" but it is NOT Venice.

It does not match Ravenna and the mosaics. Go if you can fit it in, but not at the expense of Ravenna.

Done! Mosaics it shall be.

(I didn't even consider a San Marino excursion. I imagine we'd enjoy a hike up the hills and the nice view, but I don't think we'd much enjoy the town itself.)

Thanks all!