Best Way from Cruise port to Pitons

koss78b2

I was there many years ago, and from what I remember, it was a long bus ride. Not sure if that has changed. We did get to view the scenery, along with men on the side of the road with snakes around their necks wanting to know if you wanted pics with them. No way! I think they call St Lucia the Island of Snakes. Not sure where I heard that, and as I said, it has been several years since I was there (15 to be exact)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It's quicker by sea, and scenic whether you go via land or sea.

Land option (1-1.15 hours one way) includes lots of beautiful countryside views, banana plantations, fishing villages, mountains and dramatic ocean views, plus breathtaking views of the Pitons as you come around the mountainside and see them rising from the sea.

Sea approach (45-1 hour) is shorter, and shows you the lovely coastline, Marigot Bay, etc, with great views of the Pitons from far up the coast....

A great option is a land/sea tour with land down and sea return to enjoy the best of both. Serenity TVL, Barefoot Holidays, Real St Lucia Tours, etc., all have various options. Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a bit late to the party on this thread, but my own preference was a tour by sea. We did a Celebrity tour by land; the drive was long over winding roads with the occasional drop-off that made me a bit nervous. Next visit to St. Lucia, we booked Herod's tour by speed boat. Very scenic ride along the coast, with the Pitons in view for much of the journey. Ended at Jalousie Beach where we could snorkel right at the base of the Pitons. Took an optional add-on which took us into the jungle for a chance to stand under a hot-water waterfall -- amazing experience. Also cruised through the sailboat harbour at Marigot Bay, for nice photo ops, and sailed through a natural rock arch. A fun experience overall. The advantage of the land-based tour was that we were able to visit the "drive-in volcano" and the botanical gardens, and had a bit of a drive around the town of Soufrière, so we saw a bit more, but I enjoyed the speed boat tour along the coast much more. Hope you have a great visit to the really beautiful island of St. Lucia.