Vegan options?

klct39lg

I am finally going to visit Key West! Very excited! I am wondering if there is a vegan key lime pie offered anywhere? Also, any recommendations for a place for lunch that has vegan options? It doesn't have to be the same place, but it would be nice. We will be there on a Sunday in November.

Thanks in advance!:)

Thank you. I feel stupid for asking instead of just searching online myself. :)

Please don't feel that way. Google is a start, but I have found it will often get you only so far. There is nothing like asking for the actual experience of locals or people who have really visited Key West, especially those who have visited often. Their answers will be much more complete and I believe usually more honest.

Also, what is the point of Cruise Critic message boards if everyone just asked Google instead?

I thought long and hard about your question, but as often as I have been to Key West, I have never specifically sought out a vegan or even vegetarian restaurant, even though I am vegetarian. I just try to order plant-based dishes off menus in the restaurants we go to, but I must admit some simply do not cater much to vegetarians. I know A&B Lobster House will prepare a veggie dish if you request it, but they are open only at night.

Thank you for your thoughtful response. I was hoping there might be someone who had recently had a good vegan meal/key lime pie in Key West. We will be there from 11:30 -5:00, so there is much to see and do in a short time. :)

In all the times I have visited Key West I don't recall having ever come across a key lime pie specifically billed as vegan or I would have tried it in a heart beat. The only thing I can say is perhaps one of those three vegan restaurants mentioned in the google article by the runner might have just such an item. If you find one, please come back and tell us. I would love to partake of some vegan key lime too. Good luck.

I've eaten at the Cafe a bunch of times. Love their veggie burger, which is vegan according to their menu (I don't specifically eat vegan, so didn't really pay attention to that part). Other vegetarian/vegan options look good, but I always stick to the burger, since I'm there once/year. Never had the key lime pie.

There are a bunch of photos of their food on yelp. Theirs is a raw key lime pie, and per their website, the only vegan KLP in KW. I am super excited. Thanks to all of you. I will definitely let you know how we liked it, photos too.

• 4 weeks later...

We did stop in and eat at The Cafe. I had the flax and almond french toast and my DH had a blackened mahi mahi sandwich. The food was tasty and the Key Lime Cheesecake was great. I may have accidentally deleted my food photo, but believe you can find both online.

I stopped eating meat a few years ago and have a vegan friend in Key West. When I visit we usually have one dinner at the Kojin Noodle Bar. They have great veggie selections as well as meat dishes and you can buy wine by the glass. It's listed as 601 Duval but it's actually off one of the side streets. Southard IIRC.

Pjk