Boston Suburbs Hotel Recommendations

WELDON

Friends from out of town are coming to the Boston area 11/2-4 and want to stay in the suburbs. Any suggestions on good, inexpensive hotels? If they use hotwire, any ideas of the hotels they would get? They are looking anywhere from Quincy to Woburn and don't need transportation.

Friends from out of town are coming to the Boston area 11/2-4 and want to stay in the suburbs. Any suggestions on good, inexpensive hotels? If they use hotwire, any ideas of the hotels they would get? They are looking anywhere from Quincy to Woburn and don't need transportation.

I can certainly understand wanting to stay in the suburbs given the prices of downtown Boston hotels and the daily cost of parking. What us their hotel budget?

Could you provide more details about what your friends plan to do in Boston? Are they planning to drive in town and just pay the $$$$ to park? What are their sightseeing plans? They will be there on weekdays, so parking and taking the T in town will be a problem unless they are at the public parking by 8 am to be assured of a parking spot.

They would like to spend $75-100. Is this possible? They will not be going into Boston. They will be coming to visit people in the area. Even though I'm local, I've never had the need for this info. I thought the knowledgeable people on CC would help.

They would like to spend $75-100. Is this possible? They will not be going into Boston. They will be coming to visit people in the area. Even though I'm local, I've never had the need for this info. I thought the knowledgeable people on CC would help.

1). LastMinuteTravel - Red Roof Inn - Woburn - $97 plus tax cancellable until 10/30

2) Hotwire - not keen on their current offerings. Anything with an 80% or higher rating along equate 128 between Woburn and Newton/Waltham would be fine.

If they really are on a tight budget, look at the Bedford Plaza in Bedford, MA. That is close to us and family members have stayed there in the past, but not recently. It is showing at $80/night tax included. The main draw of this hotel is that it is across the street from a Stop & Shop and near a Dunkin Donuts and fast food. It's about 5 minutes from route 128. Very safe inhabited location. Recent trip advisor reviews are good - it's apparently clean with comfortable beds but "dated decor". If I was on a tight budget, I would stay there.

Booked Bedford Plaza. I know about the Bedford Inn but didn't know about this hotel. The Bedford Inn's reviews aren't too good.

It's on the main drag through Bedford on route 225. Lots of nearby services - food stores, fast food, restaurants, coffee, CVS, gas stations, etc. Bedford is just far enough off the highway to be really quiet overnight. You go north on 225 through 2 lights. It's on the right just past a Shell station and McDonalds across the street from a big shopping plaza - sharp right turn with an entrance on the side street. From the main road it's a multistory nondescript building - everything fronts away from the street.

Edited by 138east

• 2 weeks later...
It's on the main drag through Bedford on route 225. Lots of nearby services - food stores, fast food, restaurants, coffee, CVS, gas stations, etc. Bedford is just far enough off the highway to be really quiet overnight. You go north on 225 through 2 lights. It's on the right just past a Shell station and McDonalds across the street from a big shopping plaza - sharp right turn with an entrance on the side street. From the main road it's a multistory nondescript building - everything fronts away from the street.

I live in a bedford and its a lovely quiet town. the problem with the plaza is that they were using it as housing for homeless families. you may want to check with the hotel as the town was forcing the hotel to stop that practice. the public bush#62 that goes to Alewife stops in front. the Bedford Motel is worse, a lot of VA patients tend to rent rooms there.