Last Minute Pre Cruise Shopping in Long Beach

lx200gps

Hi all..

We will be staying at the Queen Mary the night before our cruise out of San Pedro in a few weeks, and need to do a bit of last minute shopping. What are some options for a pharmacy and a liquor store as close as possible to the QM?

The QM itself seems to be in a pretty desolate area, so I assume we will have to cross the bridge into LB. I know about the great Passport bus service, though we may walk the short distance over the bridge into downtown from the QM, as it only Googles at 1.5-2 miles. There don't appear to be any options around the Convention Center/Hyatt/Pike Outlet area, and the nearest CVS looks to be about a mile up Long Beach Blvd. The nearest identifiable liquor store, Red Carpet, is almost as far away to the east. If possible, we would like to keep as close to the Shoreline Drive area as possible.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Hi all..

We will be staying at the Queen Mary the night before our cruise out of San Pedro in a few weeks, and need to do a bit of last minute shopping. What are some options for a pharmacy and a liquor store as close as possible to the QM?

The QM itself seems to be in a pretty desolate area, so I assume we will have to cross the bridge into LB. I know about the great Passport bus service, though we may walk the short distance over the bridge into downtown from the QM, as it only Googles at 1.5-2 miles. There don't appear to be any options around the Convention Center/Hyatt/Pike Outlet area, and the nearest CVS looks to be about a mile up Long Beach Blvd. The nearest identifiable liquor store, Red Carpet, is almost as far away to the east. If possible, we would like to keep as close to the Shoreline Drive area as possible.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Hi

The bus stop (free, Passport) is right in front of the QM. I would wait for the bus. Go into town, there are a lot of nice restaurants to choose from, we picked one after looking at reviews online. (we weren't disappointed) There was a Walmart and a nearby grocery store where I bought wine and some other necessities.

There are restaurants at the Shoreline village area, which would be closer but there is no drugstore or wine shop there.

hope this helps

have a great cruise

Thanks for all the advice everyone. After a long series of flights, we'll probably want to stretch our legs by walking into town from the QM, but once loaded up, we'll end up taking the Passport back to save some time. SWMBO does want to get the fullest experience of the Queen Mary after all, as she hasn't been there in a very long time ;o).

I suspect that VONS will be a better bet than CVS, as it will probably have enough of a pharmacy and booze section to allow us to get what we need all in one place. Worst case, there's a small mom and pop liquor store just a few blocks away at Alamitos and 1st

Best regards and happy cruising...