Tour that is boating only - Mystic Man?

CatefromNH

My husband and I will be in St. Lucia (Celeb. Summit) on Dec. 12/27 and are looking for a tour that is fully water-based, no land tour. I found one with Mystic Man that is geared toward cruisers. It is 6 hours long and sails from Castries to the Pitons, with snorkeling in the Marine Reserve, lunch, and several stops for sightseeing, dolphin watching, etc. (At $88 pp the price is good, too.) The problem is that he needs a minimum of 10 people and so far only 4 of us have "signed up". I'm not sure I want to wait and take the chance that it will be cancelled. Has anyone done a similar tour with another company? The only other options I've found seem to include being dropped off at the beach for several hours. Any other suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you!!

I can't comment on other companies, but we went with Mystic Man the last time we were in St Lucia. Loved it so much, I've rebooked them for our upcoming cruise in January.

Have you gone to your Cruise Critic Roll Call to find others who might want to join you?

Spencer Ambrose has a sea only based tour called the "Jalousie/Sugar Beach Break". We did this in 2013 and loved it. The cost of the tour is $90.00 USD, per person and includes transportation to Jalousie Beach (beach between the Pitons) from ship by speedboat. There may be a stop or two along the way at points of interest. Spencer has no minimum, but they do have a maximum. We've taken two tours with them now and both times booked three months before our cruise and never had an issue but if interested, I wouldn't wait much longer than that. We tend to book cruises three months away from sail date. :D

The trip to the beach was 45 minutes, we were the first group to arrive and had first picks of the free loungers over by the snorkeling area beneath Petit Piton. There are also trees for natural shade in addition to Palapas. This is the section of the beach available to all day tours. The other side is the resort. You are also free to use the beach there, either using your towel in the sand or renting one of the $50.00 loungers from the resort. Kind of expensive but that's what the resort charges for non-guests.

What we really liked was that we had approximately 5 hours of beach time, which is what we wanted. Jalousie Beach is gorgeous, the snorkeling is the best I've ever seen with a lot of fish and very colorful corals. Lunch is also provided and ours was served buffet style and very good. Unlimited drinks are also provided (Bottled water, coke, diet coke, rum punch, and Piton Beer). We felt we had plenty of time to snorkel, walking the beach for pictures, and just kicking back in the loungers enjoying it, never once feeling rushed. Most tours we've been on that include a beach stop, the beach stop has only been 90 minutes or less and we've felt rushed. It was a very relaxing day and Spencer and his crew were great.

Spencer offers other tours and most of them will arrive at Jalousie Beach at some point during the day and there will be a designated time to meet back at the pier for the speedboat ride back to the ship. On the return trip is when you get the "Sea Tour" in which there are several stops in the water to view small towns and points of interest. Another thing we really liked was that if people are taking pictures, they made sure everyone got the pictures they wanted. They even turned the boat so folks on the opposite side don't get the heads of the folks on the prime side in the pictures. Great photo opportunities of both Pitons from the water as well.

Edited by pghsteelerfan

So far my husband and I are the only folks signed up for the 12/8/16 Mystic Man cruise. I've posted on my roll call as well as the roll call of the ship in port at the same time, but still no luck in getting others to sign up. I've been looking at other options and found snorkel tours that use power boats but not catamarans. Joy's Adventure Excursions and Dolphin Dive Adventures both offer interesting snorkel/boat tours, but both use speedboats. I'd really like to find another catamaran.

Still holding out hope for Mystic Man...it looks like a great excursion!

Sent from my iPad using Forums