Ketchikan Crab Feast

beachluvr17

Hi Everyone,

Are there restaurants that offer a good crab feast other than doing the excursion? The excursion crab feast sounds great, but I'm debating if the price is worth it. Plus, it seems that its lot of time to spend when we're in Alaska and there are so many other great things to do.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hello,

The crabfeast was one of the highlights of our cruise last year. We would love to do it again but we are only in Ketchikan until 1pm. If you are there all day you can go to the crabfeast and still have time to see the town or the totem poles. A lot of people took the float plane to the crabfeast or a boat trip there. We just went for the lunch and it was amazing. Worth every penny.

Andrea

Which one did you do?

https://catchcrabs.com/portfolio-item/world-famous-crab-feast-at-george-inlet-lodge/

I actually prefer halibut, but go here with others. :)

My favorite for simple halibut is Alava's, which I now stop at about every time I'm there. Right on the side of the tunnel, for easy reference. Burger Queen is just past there, but, I've gotten away from going there lately.

https://catchcrabs.com/portfolio-item/world-famous-crab-feast-at-george-inlet-lodge/

I actually prefer halibut, but go here with others. :)

My favorite for simple halibut is Alava's, which I now stop at about every time I'm there. Right on the side of the tunnel, for easy reference. Burger Queen is just past there, but, I've gotten away from going there lately.

I looked at these tours and then compared them to Princess.

Princess tour is the same time and price. Princess is cheaper as they do not charge the tax.