Hotel Lancelot in Rome

dickinson

Spend the $5 and buy an adapter. Or, send an email to the hotel and ask if they have a North American outlet.

It is not just the outlet, it's the voltage that runs through the building. EU power voltage is different from North American voltage. I guess a hotel could put a NA outlet on the wall, but they would have to warn that it is EU voltage. Be sure that anything that you want to plug in is "dual-voltage" - can run on both. Otherwise, you will need a converter in addition to that adapter.

It's unlikely that the hotel would have North American style outlets. In Italy you'd only likely find that in large hotels that expressly target American group tours.

If you are in doubt, though, you can always email the hotel and ask.

Remember to ensure that anything you plug in is adapted for dual voltage. Most modern electronics are (e.g., phones, tablets, laptop, Kindle) but some appliances like hair dryers may not be.

It's unlikely that the hotel would have North American style outlets. In Italy you'd only likely find that in large hotels that expressly target American group tours.

If you are in doubt, though, you can always email the hotel and ask.

Remember to ensure that anything you plug in is adapted for dual voltage. Most modern electronics are (e.g., phones, tablets, laptop, Kindle) but some appliances like hair dryers may not be.

Thank you. My electronics are dual voltage. I'll try to email the hotel. Hadn't thought of that. Thanks.

I stayed at the Lancelot last June and the room had adapters.

Thanks. Were the adapters something similar to what you would buy yourself or were they actual outlets in the wall for US style plugs? If adapters like you would buy yourself did you have to ask for it or were they in the room already?