Looking for Papal Audience Tips

lifeasme123

I would appreciate tips from anyone who had attended a papal audience.

What time to get there? Where to stand? About when it ends? Can we bring water and snacks for while we wait?

We will have my elderly mom (who's very active) and our 7 y.o, DD.

Any tips are appreciated!!!

We did this in October and it was amazing. We had not gotten tickets ahead of time, so we got a tour that included the ticket and transport to the Vatican. You wouldn't need to do that though if you pick up your tickets the day before. Just take a cab. I would go around 7. When you get there you will go through security but I believe you can still take water and snacks. When you are in the square find seats next to any of the wooden fences. You don't necessarily need to get close to the front because there are big screens and Pope Francis takes his car all around and up and down each of the corridors. If you are next to a fence, he will pass right by. It's quite an experience! Enjoy! Also there are chairs set up so you shouldn't have to stand.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did this in October and it was amazing. We had not gotten tickets ahead of time, so we got a tour that included the ticket and transport to the Vatican. You wouldn't need to do that though if you pick up your tickets the day before. Just take a cab. I would go around 7. When you get there you will go through security but I believe you can still take water and snacks. When you are in the square find seats next to any of the wooden fences. You don't necessarily need to get close to the front because there are big screens and Pope Francis takes his car all around and up and down each of the corridors. If you are next to a fence, he will pass right by. It's quite an experience! Enjoy! Also there are chairs set up so you shouldn't have to stand.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you Edington.

I have our tickets reserved and will pick up when we get to Rome on Tuesday afternoon. We will have our daughter with us so hope to get to the front as possible and maybe Pope Francis will stop by. WIshful thinking on my part. ;p

What is considered the front? When you say "corridors", are those what are created by the wooden fences? This will be the highlight for my mother!

Thank you Edington.

I have our tickets reserved and will pick up when we get to Rome on Tuesday afternoon. We will have our daughter with us so hope to get to the front as possible and maybe Pope Francis will stop by. WIshful thinking on my part. ;p

What is considered the front? When you say "corridors", are those what are created by the wooden fences? This will be the highlight for my mother!

This photo may help you visualize what the other poster described:

https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/2014-04/enhanced/webdr04/1/18/enhanced-4300-1396389811-7.jpg

Cruisemom - once again, thank you. That is a lot of people! I see what the other poster meant by the wooden fences now. However, I do have another question after seeing the pic.

1. What does it mean "where the chairs are"? Surely there are more sitting chairs than that?? I hope there are enough for my mom.
  2. Are chairs only along the wooden fence perimeter?
  3. Does Pope Francis do the mass on the steps of St. Peter's?

I'm curious how you ordered your tickets. We sent a request form in via fax in February but have not heard back. How long did it take to receive yours (assuming you faxed in the request)? Since only an address and phone number was on the faxed document (said they will not email), I guess it may take time for our return correspondence to go through snail mail. Per reading above, it sounds like they don't provide tickets through the mail, but direct you to pick them up once there - true?

Thanks.

I'm curious how you ordered your tickets. We sent a request form in via fax in February but have not heard back. How long did it take to receive yours (assuming you faxed in the request)? Since only an address and phone number was on the faxed document (said they will not email), I guess it may take time for our return correspondence to go through snail mail. Per reading above, it sounds like they don't provide tickets through the mail, but direct you to pick them up once there - true?

Thanks.

I did the fax, like you have. Given how long they took to respond to a fax, I would figure it is probably never for snail mail. :-) So after a lot of research and digging I found a diamond. Since you are from the USA, go to the website for

Bishops’ Office for United States Visitors to the Vatican.

I am not sure if I am allowed to put web addresses in this forum. So google that place. Navigate to About the Visitor Office. Along the right menu there is a Papal Blessing Request. I got a response within 24 hours.

And yes, you are correct about the ticket pick up. They put your name on the list. You need to bring the email confirmation to the office to pick the Tuesday before the Papal Audience.

I planned the trip around the Papal Audience - a treat for mom. So I was determined to get the tickets. :-)

I did the fax, like you have. Given how long they took to respond to a fax, I would figure it is probably never for snail mail. :-) So after a lot of research and digging I found a diamond. Since you are from the USA, go to the website for

Bishops’ Office for United States Visitors to the Vatican.

I am not sure if I am allowed to put web addresses in this forum. So google that place. Navigate to About the Visitor Office. Along the right menu there is a Papal Blessing Request. I got a response within 24 hours.

And yes, you are correct about the ticket pick up. They put your name on the list. You need to bring the email confirmation to the office to pick the Tuesday before the Papal Audience.

I planned the trip around the Papal Audience - a treat for mom. So I was determined to get the tickets. :-)

The website says to submit requests to visitorsoffice@pnac.org. Done & sent! This is great. Thanks for the lead!