Adding Park and Cruise at check-in??

MillbrookMom

All I can suggest is to call the property directly--which I know may be difficult from Canada. Since you didn't share which port/city you are cruising from I can't guess at anything more specific.

For many stay-and-park hotels in Florida there is a cap on how many rooms they sell at that rate--which during peak season is reached well in advance. And any advertised parking rate usually must be pre-booked (or even pre-paid) either on their website or direct to the hotel. Should the hotel be willing to sell you a week of parking a la carte I would not be surprised if the combined cost of Priceline rate plus parking fee is substantially higher than the book-direct stay-and-park rate. If you are going to book a hotel through a discount consolidator, asking the hotel to deviate from the exact terms of the booking--even to sell you normally available add-ons--is a gamble.

Thanks...we are leaving from Port Canaveral.

Yes, I agree that you should call the hotel to try and negotiate because the listed rack rates are $5 per person one-way for the port shuttle and $15 per night for parking during your cruise.

You can see pictures of the hotel shuttle and parking area here - Guide to the Country Inn & Suites for Cruisers

Yes, I agree that you should call the hotel to try and negotiate because the listed rack rates are $5 per person one-way for the port shuttle and $15 per night for parking during your cruise.

You can see pictures of the hotel shuttle and parking area here - Guide to the Country Inn & Suites for Cruisers

Looking at that price it doesn't seem like we'd be saving much at all. That would cost us $125 extra and parking at Terminal 1 says its $128.

do check with the hotel and see if it's possible to book park n cruise at the hotel when you arrive. You can also reach out to their website and see what the park n cruise rate is and determine the difference from your price line rate to see if it makes sense vs port parking. I believe the current , non-member (CS&I--easy to join), cruise package is $220 per night for a regular room. Add $10 for the shuttle (whether PnC or not). current hotel booked rates are $165 per night. So parking for the week adds $55.

Looking at that price it doesn't seem like we'd be saving much at all. That would cost us $125 extra and parking at Terminal 1 says its $128.

Correct but the real difference is the Cruise Parking Package booked on the hotel website versus the rate you paid through Priceline?

The Country Inn charges $40 per cruise for additional vehicles if you booked a package (only 1 vehicle included) and maybe they will only charge you $40 if you ask. I certainly hope so!

The $15 per day rate I mentioned is not necessarily the rate they will charge you. It is simply a guideline used by the hotel based on the value of parking shipside.

Here is another (cheapest) option for you in case the hotel wants to charge you more than $40!

1. Assuming your Priceline rate was really good value, just keep it

2. Your parking at the hotel is free for the overnight

3. On the morning of your cruise drive a few miles south to the Doubletree Cocoa Beach and park for $28 (assuming 2 people for the duration of your cruise including return shuttles). This is a well-known parking service by Beachline/Goportcanaveral and the lot is perfectly fine at a nice hotel.

You can see pictures of the Beachline lot here: Guide to parking ship-side or off-site at Port Canaveral