Edible souvenir

CH_ca

I used to make an effort to buy local food items as souvenirs when I traveled, but these days you can find so many items fairly easily in the U.S., often for less money, and I don't have to haul it back in my luggage. Someone mentioned stroopwafels; I just saw those at my local discount Grocery Outlet store last week, along with Walker's shortbread. I'm sure there are some items that are harder to find and are more unique and worth buying overseas, but I'd suggest doing a bit of research.

Yes, I mentioned the stroopwafels from Netherlands. I also found one brand in Canadian Superstore in Canada after that trip. They look the same as my beloved stroopwafels bought in Netherlands but boy did they taste so off! If I have not tried the ones in Netherlands before, then the ones found in Superstore may be passable. Unfortunately, I did try some better ones and I would not buy the Superstore ones ever again! :lips-sealed:

Several years ago I discovered Douwe Egbert decaf coffee on a river cruise down the Danube and have been obsessed with it ever since. Only once have I seen it for purchase in the U. S..

Where would be a good place to look for it in Europe? This will be my bestest souvenir ever if I could find a supply to bring home.

Douwe Egbert coffee is/was a division of Superior Coffee Co. in the U.S. and Superior Coffee is/was a Chicago based company. You should be able to get it over here. It was a part of Sara Lee too but I think they spun off that part of the business.