Amsterdam to Frankfurt-plane or train?

We are sailing round trip from Amsterdam on HAL in late August. After we return to Amsterdam, we are continuing on to Frankfurt and will be staying at the Hilton at the airport once we arrive in Frankfurt. After we leave the cruise ship in Amsterdam, would it be easier for us to get to the train station in Amsterdam or the airport? I was looking at a 10:15 train from Amsterdam to Frankfurt or a flight leaving Amsterdam between 11 and 12 PM. I have been to the Frankfurt train station and airport, but have never traveled to Amsterdam. We are from the US (so non-Schengen). We have flights booked from the US to Amsterdam and from Frankfurt to the US-just need to get to Frankfurt.

We are from the US (so non-Schengen).
For the trip from Amsterdam to Frankfurt, this makes no difference. It is in practical terms the same as a domestic flight or a domestic train journey.

A quick look at a timetable site suggests that if your proposed train journey is direct (ie no changes) it will take somewhere around 4 hours. On that basis, that's definitely what I would do, especially if the train were to run along the Rhine between Koln and Frankfurt - that's a very pretty trip.

Train... less Hassle, less tears, less security drama... - airport is NO competition.

Besides, Frankfurt is almost down the road. One can drive it in about 4hrs.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Train!

Comfortable German ICE train, consider booking 1st class with reserved seats (in a 2x3 seat partition!). Get breakfast and later some lunch at the onboard bistro while enjoying the scenery.

Traveled Amsterdam - Dusseldorf and vice versa a few times that way, would recommend!

The train is the only way to go... Less hassles, more comfortable than airplane, much easier to navigate to your final destination than from the airport. Buy a 1st Class ticket on the train & enjoy your time. Chose the most direct route with fewest stops.

Yes, another vote for the train. The train station (Amsterdam Centraal) is a mere 10 minute walk from the cruise terminal (exit the terminal, turn right and walk along the street, Piet Heinkade, until you reach the station).