Any other great All-Inclusive's besides Maya Chan?

The Fun Researcher

Maya Chan also recommended Jaime's at the Blue Reef. A very new operation. Sounds like they are just down the beach and have full accommodations and all inclusive as well. Everything I found about them was very positive, and they were very prompt in their communication with me when I was investigating them as an option.

Kindly,

Dan

Jaime, used to be the owner/partner at Nohoch Kay. Prior to that he had a fabulous seafood restaurant in Playa del Carmen. I've know him for years, he's a great host. I knew he was getting involved in a couple of new ventures, one being a condo/rental unit along the malecon. Glad to hear he's opening up an AI spot. I would certainly recommend giving Blue Reef a try, if MC isn't available.

I'll see if I can reach out to him for information for this board.

Jaime, used to be the owner/partner at Nohoch Kay. Prior to that he had a fabulous seafood restaurant in Playa del Carmen. I've know him for years, he's a great host. I knew he was getting involved in a couple of new ventures, one being a condo/rental unit along the malecon. Glad to hear he's opening up an AI spot. I would certainly recommend giving Blue Reef a try, if MC isn't available.

I'll see if I can reach out to him for information for this board.

Lol I was just about to ask if this was the same Jaime!

Photos on TripAdvisor look like it is on the Malecon and has a small hotel behind? Can you locate?

Lol I was just about to ask if this was the same Jaime!

Photos on TripAdvisor look like it is on the Malecon and has a small hotel behind? Can you locate?

The condo building/hotel what ever it was to become was a couple of blocks, if that toward Pez Quadro from NoHoch Kay. I'll have to scan pictures at home to night to see if it's the same place and then find out if Jaime responds to emails via the address I have for him. I'll be back when I hear back.

The condo building/hotel what ever it was to become was a couple of blocks, if that toward Pez Quadro from NoHoch Kay. I'll have to scan pictures at home to night to see if it's the same place and then find out if Jaime responds to emails via the address I have for him. I'll be back when I hear back.

By the way, don't know if you are aware but all your photos have disappeared in the link in your signature with this photobucket update.

By the way, don't know if you are aware but all your photos have disappeared in the link in your signature with this photobucket update.

Thanks, hadn't realized that. I'll see if I can restore or find another source. Most of my pics default to dropbox.

Does anyone have the website for Jaimie's at the Blue Reef? Also, can anyone tell me between maya chan, pitaya or jaimie's at the blue reef which is the better of the 3?

I didn't see a website, but haven't done an extensive search, yet. He's on FB though.

IMO at present Maya Chan for the AI. Pitaya has an AI package but they aren't exclusive as far as I have heard. Jaime , while past experience is always a good sign, is a bit new. And whether Blue Reef is on the malecon or a separate club down toward MC, is unknown by me at this time. the phrase" just down the beach" isn't that helpful in Mahahual.

Are we allowed to post email addresses? I have Jaime's

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No.

But if that's indeed his playajaime email, and it works then go ahead and reach out to him. Love to hear what's happening and I'm a tad swamped on the home front this week.

Does anyone have the website for Jaimie's at the Blue Reef? Also, can anyone tell me between maya chan, pitaya or jaimie's at the blue reef which is the better of the 3?

If you google, or go to TripAdvisor, you will find reviews and photos of Jaime's, plus email address. You will also find reviews for Pitaya, (quite new) and Maya Chan, open several years, very popular, with good reviews.

I doubt you will find many people that have been to all three since Jaime's only appears to have been open a couple of months.

Pitaya and Blue Reef are on the malecon (along with many other options) and are accessed via trolley or taxi for $2/3 pp. each way. maya Chan is out of town, needs to be reserved, is exclusively AI and includes taxi transfer in AI price.

Which is better is subjective depending on what you want to do and facilities you require, atmosphere you require and to my mind port hours.

I found a picture of Blue Reef's plans taken a couple of years ago. Yes, it's on the malecon. Between Nohoch Kay and Pez Quadro. P1012219.jpg

And evidently photobucket wants $40 per month to 3rd party host for pics in signature. So I might have to redo those. Text descriptions are there though and Mitsugirly has soem maps in her reviews.