Tahitian Princess 1/26/07

laurieb

good to hear from you over here!

We are Jim and Laurie, this will be our third time on this ship and can't wait to get back there!!! So far we have at least 2 more couples on this cruise, possibly 3 others that I know of right now.

I see your at it again. We are going to probably miss 2006 but we are looking for Jan 2007. No booking yet. Our good friends may rent a house for the month of Jan and we will would be sure to join them(and try and sneek in a cruise)

Good luck on your new thread. Ill check in a few months

Jeff Marks( we were getting on when you got off in 2003)

Hi, Jeff, nice to hear from you! We missed cruising with you in 04. we would love for you to join us in 07. email me and I can give you info laurieb97304@yahoo.com . so, are your friends renting in FP? what fun that would be!

Meribeth, I am sorry to hear that you have to change your sail date. my work dates are the opposite of Benn's' I need to vacation in January and Feb.

:) Laurie we got our reservations for the 26th today from Adam. It looks like a go. Thought it was our cruise tickets for New York/Canada trip that is coming up next month. Thanks for taking care of the change. Talk to you soon.

Bill

have you decided if you are going to do any pre or post cruise days? I would hightly recommend staying one night post cruise. You will be happy to miss the mass departure at the airport! the Intercontinental on Tahiti is a beautiful property with 2 great pools and a lagoonarium. short taxi ride from the ship and to the airport, and we were able to stay intil 8pm for our late departure. we will be staying 2 or 3 nights on Moorea precruise if flights work out right.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

it's been nearly a month since the last post. Bill & Margaret, how was your cruise? Dave & Diane, I know you are heavy into apple season and holiday busy-ness. Doug, how is life treating you two these days? Our son is considering coming along, if he can save enough money. Military pay is not the most, you know. of course, he will have to talk his brother into coming along too.

the rain has started to fall here. 15 months to go!!!

• 1 month later...

Hi Laurie,

Sorry it's been so long since I've been on this site. Life has been really crazy at the store. Only a few more weeks left, then I can relax again for a while. We have looked at several cruises for 2006, and were really hoping to take the kids this year, but looks like we won't be going anywhere.

How have you and Jim been. We can't wait to cruise with you again!

The good news is that will give us more vacation days for Tahiti. Have you thought anymore about where you will stay precruise? We would really like to spend at least 4 or 5 days precruise somewhere on Moorea.

How many cabins are booked in our "group" now? Any news from Bruce and Deb? Dwight and Teri moved to LA last year, and bought a big house, so I know that they won't be coming.

In your last post you mentioned Tetiaroa. Where is that, and what is involved?

Dave and I are planning on getting dive certified during the next year, so that we can do some diving while we are there. Do you have any other excursions planned out yet?

I'm surprised you have time to be reading this! I hope this has been a good year for your business.

we are still at 3, unless Doug & Sherri have booked through our agent.

Tetiaroa is an island that was owned by Marlon Brando when he was living, I am sure that his family owns it now. I am not sure how far it is from Tahiti except that it us an all day trip from Tahiti. It would be a private group trip. lunch included . I will post more once I get in touch with the boat owners. the only trips I definitely want to do again are Marc's on Huahine and the sunset cruise on the Taravana on Bora Bora and Patricks on Tahiti. and the snorkel trip we did on Raiatea with Tony.

we are like you, no 2006 cruise planned. that is a really hard thing,first year in several years with no cruise. Tahiti will be great though!

• 5 weeks later...

Okay guys, I am getting tired of posting to myself :). we are just over a year away. Yay!! I have already been checking into pre cruise reservations on Moorea. It looks like ATN is doing away with the redeye out of LA. bummer. I am hoping they will reinstate it before we go. East coasters, are you planning on taking ATN out of New York?

Hi Laurie,

I guess we are on this cruise by ourselves! We haven't looked into any air yet, but we are planning on going out of LA, so that we can see Dwight and Teri's new house, and spend a couple of days with them. Are you definate on ATN? We went Air France last time, but don't know what we will choose this time. Any idea how many FF miles it would take? Wouldn't it be great to not have to pay the fare!

Have you made any decisions on reservations in Moorea? How many days precruise have you decided on?

Diane

visiting in LA makes alot of sense! we aren't definite on any airline, it's too far out, but we really enjoyed our flights on ATN last time down. Looking at ATN's schedule right now, we will fly in on Monday, spend a night in Papeete, take the ferry to Moorea for 3 nights and then back to get on the ship, with a night post cruise at the IC before flying home on Monday. I have already called LeTipaniers about reservations, but they won't start taking them for 07 until June. I'm kind of torn, we really liked Pension Motu Iti. I wouldn't mind flying on Hawaiian out of Portland to Papeete, but thier schedule coming back won't work. I would love to not have to go through customs in LA. Have you decided when you are flying in and where you are going to stay?

I really haven't looked into much yet. We would like at least 3 to 4 nights pre cruise on Moorea, with maybe one night post cruise, depending on airline schedules. We have a total of up to 3 weeks vacation that we can use, but that needs to include our travel time, and time spent in LA with family.

We loved the Moorea Pearl Resorts, but we got a great deal, and I know that they are out of our budget for this trip. I just looked at the web sites for the 2 places that you mentioned, they look pretty nice. Is there something specific that has you torn between these two? Do either of them have AC, or did you seem to need it when you were there the last time? I do fine in the heat, but Dave has a hard time sleeping when it is hot and humid.

no air conditioning in either one. I like the area where LeTipaniers is, there seem to be more restaurants around, and they have screens on the windows. Motu Iti had a wonderful little restaurant that was affordable, and we could walk to the Sheraton to snorkel. no screens there though, and we got bit by the mosquitos pretty bad. I think that Hibiscus has some air conditioned rooms, and of course the resorts do.

How was it when you were there with no A/C. Was it uncomfortable to sleep? I would definately go with LeTipaniers for the screens, I am a mosquito magnet, and always get eaten alive! It has been several years since we were there, but I seem to remember a nice breeze at night. Was that enough to keep you relatively comfortable?

When you were there last time did you check out LeTipaniers? I am assuming that you must have, to know that they have screens. What do you know about Hibiscus, and the area where that is--I have never heard of it.

Archived