Verizon in Bermuda

gaylemh

Does anyone know the cost of making a local Bermuda Call when you get to Bermuda on Verizon Wireless? (If I wanted to call a local taxi from the beach)

The Verizon web site will tell you the cost of making phone calls in Bermuda. It does not matter where you are calling. local or not, the roaming rate will be the same. As far as calling a taxi from the beach I never had to phone from one for a taxi. Do you have a particuar beach in mind that you think you woud have to call from?

The Verizon web site will tell you the cost of making phone calls in Bermuda. It does not matter where you are calling. local or not, the roaming rate will be the same. As far as calling a taxi from the beach I never had to phone from one for a taxi. Do you have a particuar beach in mind that you think you woud have to call from?

I may go over to Daniels Head, and I read that there are no taxis there to bring you back. The rental and food places will both be closed. They usually call a taxi for you when you are ready to leave.

I may go over to Daniels Head, and I read that there are no taxis there to bring you back. The rental and food places will both be closed. They usually call a taxi for you when you are ready to leave.

You want to visit Daniels Head for beach purposes or will you be going there to use the facilities? I'm quite lost.:confused:

Is that because you are going out of season? If the places are closed I suggest not going there. Someone told me they went there when nothing was open and it was icky. Lot of seaweed on the beach and scary persons hanging around.

Edited by Charles4515

Is that because you are going out of season? If the places are closed I suggest not going there. Someone told me they went there when nothing was open and it was icky. Lot of seaweed on the beach and scary persons hanging around.

The more I'm hearing, the more I'm rethinking Daniel's Head for a day on the beach. This will be my 6th time in Bermuda, and I was hoping to see a beach I've never been to. I think I'll wait until next time, hopefully it will be in season. I guess it's back to Elbow or Horseshoe.

What about Warwick Long Bay, Church Bay, Jobsons Cove? Those are some other locations on the south shore. In St George you have Tabacco Bay.

I've been to all of them before, but to spend the day I need somewhere I can rent a chair, and where there is restrooms. I was also thinking of Tobacco Bay. Horseshoe is much prettier though. I was really looking forward to seeing the 9 Resorts Area this trip. If I take a taxi to Horseshoe, I may ask the driver to swing by Daniels Head just so I could see it.

We're going to be in Bermuda October 20th. I'm curious when Daniel's Head is "closed" for the season. I was hoping to go over there on our trip to rent some kayaks but don't want to go if it's off season and people don't recommend it.

Cindy