Booked early seating for dinner. How likely that this will be honored?

Captain Scruffy

I'm assuming that the early seating is very popular. I changed it online to request early seating. How likely is it that we will get the early seating?

If you were able to select "Main" for your seating on your reservation, that's what you have - early seating.

It's not a request.,

Okay thank you for the reply. I believe another cruise line we used to sail said that what you book online for seating is just a preference and that they will try to honor it. I'm very happy to hear will will get the main (early) seating.

Another question if you don't mind...Does Disney group people (strangers) together at larger tables. We prefer to have our own table and not sit in a group. There are 3 in our group. Do I need to speak to the Maitre D' when we board to try to get this accommodation?

Okay thank you for the reply. I believe another cruise line we used to sail said that what you book online for seating is just a preference and that they will try to honor it. I'm very happy to hear will will get the main (early) seating.

Another question if you don't mind...Does Disney group people (strangers) together at larger tables. We prefer to have our own table and not sit in a group. There are 3 in our group. Do I need to speak to the Maitre D' when we board to try to get this accommodation?

if you booked directly with DCL, then call DCL and put in a request for your own table...

if you booked with a travel agent, then ask your travel agent to do this..

in the case of a private table, it's only a request - they don't guarantee it..

but you have to put in the request right away....do NOT wait until you're on board the ship..

call DCL - well...not right now as they're dealing with all the cancelled cruises...

but say, in two weeks, call DCL and request a table for just your group of 3...

Generally, yes, you could be seated with others at a larger table (largest table size is typically an 8 top). You can contact DCL and have the request to be seated by yourselves added to your reservation (must call, can't do it online). It is only a request, but most of the time, such requests are honored.

They WANT you to be happy...if you request it, 99% chance that's what you'll get!

not only a private table...

concierge guests also tend to get the better locations in the dining rooms..

at least that was our experience..

so, for example, in animators palate, we had a better position to view crush...