Temperatures on the SS Explorer

5waldos

We are sailing in May, Lisbon to Portsmouth. Has anyone been on the ship recently and are there concerns about inside temperatures? On the Discoverer in the tropics the dining room was arctic-like- on several occassions we literally were given blankets to wrap ourselves in. Any such worries on the Explorer? Should I plan on bringing a heavy winter sweater/jumper or can I assume more light weight things will suffice- I don't much like the blanket look.

I love the Explorer, it is my favourite SS ship. I have never experienced the dining room being too cold. I don't remember ever going back to the cabin for a cardi or a wrap. Even travelling through the tropics (Sapporo to Fiji ) last year I thought it was fine. On that trip we had dinner with the head engineer - he has been on the boat since it was built and knows every nut and bolt. Very interesting guy :)

We have been on this ship 3 different times, twice in the arctic and once in Japan and guam. I have never felt too cold in the dining room or lounges, and trust me, if there is a person alive who would feel too cold, it is me. So no worries.

I am feeling comfortable out it- thanks. And Rachel unless they do something with the Discoverer- bring your parka when you sail on it. I was not kidding about the blanket. Love the trip but the chill was significant.

…..aaaaand yet.. we found the Discoverer just fine as far as the temps were concerned.

The food was a whole 'nuther matter however.

We were unable to cool down our cabin on the PA11, they did try, but it wasn't very good.

The next passenger probably complained loudly about …..how cold the cabin was….

I guess we are all different .. :-)

…..aaaaand yet.. we found the Discoverer just fine as far as the temps were concerned.

The food was a whole 'nuther matter however.

We were unable to cool down our cabin on the PA11, they did try, but it wasn't very good.

The next passenger probably complained loudly about …..how cold the cabin was….

I guess we are all different .. :-)

Remind me when you sailed? Our cabin was fine and adjustable to taste. The dining room was another matter.

The food- well let's just say that "wellness" has taken on an entirely new meaning for me.