Newlyweds Need Help With FLL to Miami transfers, Miami hotel pre and post cruise!!!

blessedwith12

My daughter and her new husband will be flying into FLL on Oct. 1st and sailing out of Miami the next day. Post cruise they will have 1 night in Florida before flying home from FLL.

1. Would you suggest staying in FLL or MIA?

2. Which hotels would you suggest with transfers to the airport and/or port? Or should they just book a hotel and schedule transfers separately?

All help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!

Sort of depends upon when they arrive into FLL? :confused: Flying in late they might prefer to stay in the FLL area and then head to the Port of Miami the next morning. www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area tourist and hotel info.

If they arrive early enough to enjoy some beach, pool or sightseeing time, then I would suggest taking UberX to their Miami or Miami Beach hotel.

Budget? :confused: Popular downtown hotels include the Intercontinental, Hyatt, Doubletree, various Marriott properties, and hotels in the Mary Brickell area (Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites, etc.). If they want the beach and the "Miami" seen in the movies and on TV they need to focus on South Beach.

Post cruise the same suggestions apply, but it will depend upon when their return flight departs.

Congratulations on the upcoming wedding! :cool:

Sort of depends upon when they arrive into FLL? :confused: Flying in late they might prefer to stay in the FLL area and then head to the Port of Miami the next morning. www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area tourist and hotel info.

If they arrive early enough to enjoy some beach, pool or sightseeing time, then I would suggest taking UberX to their Miami or Miami Beach hotel.

Budget? :confused: Popular downtown hotels include the Intercontinental, Hyatt, Doubletree, various Marriott properties, and hotels in the Mary Brickell area (Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites, etc.). If they want the beach and the "Miami" seen in the movies and on TV they need to focus on South Beach.

Post cruise the same suggestions apply, but it will depend upon when their return flight departs.

Congratulations on the upcoming wedding! :cool:

Thanks for the response and the good wishes!!

They are arriving around 3 or 4 so beach time probably isn't that important. Budget and safety are more important than location to them. They probably are not going to be renting a car.

If its just two of them their easiest option is to just take an Uber/Lyft from FLL to their hotel. I would suggest staying at a hotel in Downtown Miami or Brickell area, which allows them to have a nice evening out with lots of near by places to eat and grab a drink.

Any hotel in that area is close to the port and they can head to the port using an Uber or Taxi. Uber will be cheaper and nicer.

Way back, depends on when their flight is. Early in the morning, maybe stay in Ft. Lauderdale. Later the next day, Miami Beach would be nice. Unless they want a cheaper beach alternative than maybe Ft. Lauderdale or Hollywood Beach is a better option.

I too would get them to Miami.

They can take Uber/Lyft as mentioned and on the day of embarkation they could take Uber/Lyft.

These are some hotels that are within a five to fen minute drive of the port and these are two that I would look at. They are within walking distance of many restaurants.

Marriott Marquis

Intercontinental

On the return I would have them do this somewhat in reverse. After they disembark in Miami they could take Ubber/Lyft over to Fort Lauderdale. I would stay there since they will be flying out of that airport.

Lots of options there.

Maybe the Embassy Suites because if it for one day. Since they would be arriving earlier though maybe a hotel on the beach. Several to choose from including: Marriott Harbor Beach Resort and the Marriott Beach Place Towers.

Keith

Thanks so much!! I love to plan trips and cruises so I'm helping my daughter out with these plans. I will give her these ideas and they have been extremely helpful! We have never used Uber or Lyft. Are there any tips we need to know about how this works?

Thanks so much!! I love to plan trips and cruises so I'm helping my daughter out with these plans. I will give her these ideas and they have been extremely helpful! We have never used Uber or Lyft. Are there any tips we need to know about how this works?

Nothing special. At the airport its pretty easy, especially FLL as they have designated area of get it. Just download the apps, plug in credit card info and you're good to go.

For Uber you can get free rides/credit when you first sign up with using a referral code, mine for Uber is x753g. So if they plug that in when they sign up they will get a credit and so would I. I'll let someone else give their Lyft code. Its very simple and great app to use. A great way to get around Miami.

If they want any suggestions on a nice dinner that first night let us know.