day passes to serenity/retreat on brittania

Marmaliser

We prefer the quiet life and are aware that day passes are available to these areas, also we understand they are not pre-bookable unless you book for the whole cruise. So any advice on getting them on the day? we would only want them on sea days which no doubt makes them more sought-after.

In the retreat, are you allotted sunbeds or is it a free for all?

I know that the numbers are limited but if they sell as many passes as there are beds then could you end up not being next to your partner?

Thanks in advance,

Rick.

In the retreat, are you allotted sunbeds or is it a free for all?

I know that the numbers are limited but if they sell as many passes as there are beds then could you end up not being next to your partner?

Thanks in advance,

Rick.

I dont k ow what it is like on Britannia, but on Azura it seemed very civilised as far as sunbeds was concerned. There was never a problem getting one, and all the couples seemed to be able to be next to each other. There were sunbeds in and out of the sun and if people left to go out of the retreat area they seemed to generally remove thier belongings too.

It is either £25 or £20 pppd on Britannia. We've always had port days in the Retreat which are the cheaper price and we have always got in. I have to say you would be extremely lucky to get a sea day.

There are only a certain number of passes available for the Retreat on Britannia, Azura or Ventura and most of them are sold to passengers at the beginning of the cruise, thereby giving these people access for the duration of the cruise.

We got in on a day in Palma, which, on our cruise, was quite late on. We were told at the Spa Reception that this was in fact the first day they were allowing day passes, and there were only two available anyway - and this was a port day!

If you do get a day pass you are given a key card to get through the door, which is on the right hand side of the Serenity Pool area - the one on the left does not have a key card access point. You used to be given a coloured rubber wristband, but they don't do this anymore.

It is a beautiful area, with breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea included, as well as bathrobes, big towels and attendants on hand all day to get drinks - and yes you can order alcohol. It is definitely worth the extra money.

Good luck with getting in! :)

Thanks all for your help......It does appear to be difficult to get a pass on a sea day , as I thought, can anyone tell me how busy the Serenity pool area gets perhaps that would be the answer for us?

The Serenity Pool is lovely! There is a bar as well as lots of sunloungers and lovely chairs and sofas to sit on. They do not play music here - which is wonderful.

On port days it is very quiet until around 1pm, when the tours start to return, then it gradually gets busier and busier.

We never went up on sea days until the afternoon, but you could find the odd lounger, and we certainly were able to find chairs to sit on at that time. I won't lie, it is busy on sea days so if you were going to go then I would strongly suggest getting there from 10am onwards (or before if you are an early bird!).

To be fair, there are other areas on Britannia that are quiet - you just have to walk around to find them - and they wouldn't have a pool to hand of course.

Hope you enjoy Britannia - we love her!

Happy cruising. :)

• 2 weeks later...

We always managed to find a quietish spot on deck when we didn't use the balcony. There are lots of nooks to seek out on the Britannia. It can get a bit Butlinish around the main pool but the Serenity pool is quiet plus the top sun decks. There something for everyone. We had thought about using the Retreat and were told its a first come first served basis for a daily pass of £25 each but we didn't need one.