Anthem and Statue of Liberty

jflatto

We are sailing on Anthem from New Jersey over Christmas this year. Will we be able to see the Statue of Liberty as we sail out or are we too far away? I am thinking I saw that we will not but wanted to confirm. Thanks.

Do we get any closer as we sail away or do we get farther away? Thanks.

We were at the Statue of Liberty last month when the Anthem left port. She very slowly made her way to the Statue then turned around and headed out to the Verazzano bridge. Very nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Unless it's one of those rare occasions when the Captain sails up to the statue, you will turn south immediately after leaving port and be sailing away from the statue.

You get further away because the port is slightly south of the statue On rare occasions, the Captain has sailed north towards the statue and then turned around to head under the bridge.

If you've never been to Cape Liberty, there is a 9/11 memorial just to the right of the terminal (if you are facing the ship) that's well worth a visit. It can also be viewed from any forward balcony on the starboard side of the ship.

We are sailing on Anthem from New Jersey over Christmas this year. Will we be able to see the Statue of Liberty as we sail out or are we too far away? I am thinking I saw that we will not but wanted to confirm. Thanks.

You will be able to get a glimpse from the ship. However, if you get lucky as we did in our 9 nite NE/Canada itinerary of last August, our Captain did a left instead of a right and we saw Lady Liberty, Ellis Island, partial NYC skyline, etc. It was a tour unto itself.