1:10 Connection in Chicago..

Kenswing

We are taking a New England cruise this Fall. We fly from Seattle to Chicago(ORD). Then transfer to a regional jet to Quebec.

Is an hour and 10 minutes enough time between flights? Both flights are with United and that's how they booked it.

I've read that United has a shuttle bus between terminals 1 & 2. Does anyone have experience with this? Where do you catch it? How often does it run?

Edited by Kenswing

I have been flying through Chicago for over 30 years domestically and internationally. It is the airport that has had the most delays of any airport I have have been through....and I have been through a lot. Is it doable? Yes. But I would not book a flight with that connection.

Thank you for you reply..

Actually a delay in Chicago would work in our favor. We have 6:00am flight leaving Seattle so unless there is an aircraft problem it should depart on time since it will have arrived the night before.

If the flight from Chicago to Quebec is delayed it would give us more time to catch our plane.. LOL

Now I need to find where this United Shuttle bus is that goes between terminal 1 & terminal 2..

The United shuttle operates only from gate C9 in the C concourse of Terminal 1 to gate E2 in Terminal 2. The bus (not sure if it's one or two of them) goes back and forth continuously, likely every 10-15 minutes. If you arrive in the B concourse of Terminal 1, just stroll over to Terminal 2 ... no time to be saved by taking the shuttle in that case.

The United shuttle operates only from gate C9 in the C concourse of Terminal 1 to gate E2 in Terminal 2. The bus (not sure if it's one or two of them) goes back and forth continuously, likely every 10-15 minutes. If you arrive in the B concourse of Terminal 1, just stroll over to Terminal 2 ... no time to be saved by taking the shuttle in that case.

Great info.. THANKS!

By the way ... not all of United's regional jets depart from Terminal 2. Some of them are scheduled from Terminal 1. Sorry, but I don't know specifics on which fly from Terminal 1.

That would be perfect! Thanks again..